The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good luck!
Reply 21
Just wondering, as my exams are approaching and i am terrified, if i do a degree and apply for veterinary medicine postgraduatly-would they still consider me with lower A levels- say BBB or even less.

What are the best degrees to do?

Sorry, im being so pessimistic!
Reply 22
since you have said that you plan to resit if you do not get your grades, then i would not worry about grad entry yet. concentrate on revision and get those exams done.

ergh bio 1 and 3 tomorrow....i hate edexcel the markschemes are so weird. blergh.
Reply 23
J_E_N_N_Y
since you have said that you plan to resit if you do not get your grades, then i would not worry about grad entry yet. concentrate on revision and get those exams done.

ergh bio 1 and 3 tomorrow....i hate edexcel the markschemes are so weird. blergh.

I'm doing unit 2 :p:
They are a bit silly... but I'm trying not to get too worked up as I've already got an A, I'm just trying to get it higher.
Good luck!
Reply 24
yeah i got a A in unit 2 so im not retaking that 1. got a B in 1 and 3. hell knows how i only got a B in unit 3 when i got 34/34 in my cw, must have messed up that exam bigtime.
i have bio unit 2 tomorow.
im worried cos i know all the stuff, i just wont be able to answer the stupid questions they ask.
once again I HATE SNAB!
Annaconda

once again I HATE SNAB!

I'm in a similar mindset as I absolutley detest all the environmental stuff and chapter 4 and find the questions on them pretty hard to word to match up with the markscheme.

However I don't mind their exam style as imo it promotes understanding and initative, as opposed to just parrot learning and memorising similar questions from past papers.
Reply 27
J_E_N_N_Y

yes, i know, i wish i could be more confident. I dream of getting AABB but when your predicted ABBC and got ABCC for your AS it feels so impossible.
Ive even started to worry that my bio will drop to a B. I want to get to vet school so bad, its constantly on my mind.
I dont think I could ever give up on becoming a vet. I know a vet student, well vet now, who got CDE in her A levels but by studying abroard ($$$) got to vet school.
I know lots of vet students and its so frustrating when 90% seem to just get in first time no probs.

Lolz, i need a brain transplant!!!!
:p:

Cheers people
Reply 28
I hope this might provide some comfort, i honestly thought I like a month or so before my chemistry A level that like there wasn't a chance in hell that i would get an A and sort of resigned myself to the fact I'd probably get a B (if that!) to the point where I kept thinking how likely it would be that notts would let me in if i didn't meet their offer and like what i would say when I phoned up and begged them on results day to let me in etc.

But....it all turned out ok, i really hard during the revision weeks (like i'd go the library in town, big old pretty one, and stay there from 10-6 and work my socks off), and actually at one point a few days before my bio A2 i worried that i had neglected it due to concentrating too much on chem. On results day it turned out that I did meet the offer plus more, and didn't even just scrape the grade in any of them (this isn't just some show off story lol, i'm just proving that it can be done even if you don't expect it, which I didn't)
Reply 29
I certainly hope I can do this. Ive been working so hard but still know i have alot to learn off by heart. Im pretty much ready to do my resit tomorrow, just need to go over a couple more areas.
Ive been revising with all my books and past papers and stuff in our caravan one our ffront lawn. I have to admit Im not a morning person but have been revising from about 10/11 to 9 in the evening every day. I still have alot to learn for all the A2 syllabus's because ive been working on As stuff and my resit.
Im off to do just that lol. Praying hard for doog enough results!!
XxX
Good luck with chemistry tomorrow! We'll need it
Reply 31
Yeah, good luck guys. I'm resitting Units 1 and 2, and I think the most useful thing to do is to go over mark schemes!
Reply 32
Good luck everyone!
Reply 33
woop! i did units 1 and 2 yday (foundation and chains and rings (ocr)) and i actually am really happy with foundation, if i havnt got that bloody a this time then i swear i will cry. but since my first attempt at this exam was a D and then i resat and got a C and then again and got a B, im hoping 4th time lucky an A. but seriously i think i might be really pissed off if i have dropped more than 4 marks. Chains and rings wasnt as good, but i reckon it might be an A this time as i got a B last time and i thought it went crap.

ooo noooo C3 tomorrow. i hate maths. im not kidding. i swear i just cant do c3 or c4. ergh. stress. ergh. exams.
Reply 34
I think I went well yesterday too, but we'll just have to wait and see :smile: It's gonna be a long long wait!
I'm rubbish at C4 as well - too much integration. All the other modules in maths I was fine with, but I hate C4!!
Reply 36
c3 went suprsingly well actually. but i am dreading c4....intergration ewww.
I have just read your thread, also wanting to become a vet (and also panicing) my mothers friend qualified as a vet in 94' hes now retired after a heart condition knocked him back. However, he keeps saying it's not 100% on your grades, i mean sure you my be incredibly smart, but that dosent mean you know what to do when a stray dog has been brought in at 3am on your first week and needs urgent surgery, does it?
your GCSE grades are fantastic! My school is doing the OCR Double award which is the most undesired by schools/universitys I would say your best bet is to beg for an interview, and really wow them at it.
Maybe do some research into a module you KNOW you do on the course, (for me pathology) and really go into detail about it.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!

good luck x
I tink this thread's a bit old

And urgent surgery does require some brains you know :p:

But I know what you mean. Grades aren't everything.

Latest

Trending

Trending