The Student Room Group

Aberystwyth Vet School Offer holders 2024

Hi!
I have a place to study vet med this September at Aberystwyth Uni. I've taken a gap year...does anyone have any suggestions of things I can read etc (I'm bored!). Has anyone else been offered a place for this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Offers haven't come out for this year yet & given the very small cohort you're likely one of very few at the moment with a confirmed offer.
Applicants are expecting to hear from them around Easter.
Reply 2
Original post by 06parent
Offers haven't come out for this year yet & given the very small cohort you're likely one of very few at the moment with a confirmed offer.

Hi, offers have come out for this year. I applied in November time and got an offer a couple of weeks later.
Original post by reyhanaa

Hi, offers have come out for this year. I applied in November time and got an offer a couple of weeks later.

They only interviewed on a few dates in December. No offers have been released for Aber for Sept 2024 for veterinary science. I rung RVC who deal with admissions. Some rejections and hold were released for the first time today :-(
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Oh I see, I thought you meant in general. My mistake.
Oh I see, I thought you meant in general. My mistake.

😊 no problem. Congratulations on your offer at Aberystwyth anyway 🥳 x
Reply 6
Original post by LizzyBizzyMum

They only interviewed on 6th and 13th December. No offers have been released for Aber for Sept 2024 for veterinary science. I rung RVC who deal with admissions. Some rejections and hold were released for the first time today :-(

Interesting rejections and holds we’re released but seems like no offers :/ did the RVC provide any useful info for when offers should be released?
Original post by Biovetgrad

They only interviewed on 6th and 13th December. No offers have been released for Aber for Sept 2024 for veterinary science. I rung RVC who deal with admissions. Some rejections and hold were released for the first time today :-(

Interesting rejections and holds we’re released but seems like no offers :/ did the RVC provide any useful info for when offers should be released?

No, they couldn't say exactly but they had been waiting on the info from Aber which they received about a week and half ago. They wanted the info as soon as possible as they were very aware other unis had been releasing offers so they don’t want to lose they people who they want to other unis. Yes I thought odd they released rejections and a hold first 🤷 I think it’ll be imminent🤞
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 8

No, they had been waiting on the info from Aber which they received about a week and half ago. They wanted the info as soon as possible as they were very aware other unis had been releasing offers so they don’t want to lose they people who they want to other unis. Yes I thought odd they released rejections and a hold first 🤷*♀️ I think it’ll be imminent🤞

That makes total sense - hopefully we get some movement soon! 🤞🏻
When did you interview? 6 or 13th? have you heard from any other unis :-)
(edited 2 months ago)

No, they had been waiting on the info from Aber which they received about a week and half ago. They wanted the info as soon as possible as they were very aware other unis had been releasing offers so they don’t want to lose they people who they want to other unis. Yes I thought odd they released rejections and a hold first 🤷*♀️ I think it’ll be imminent🤞

That makes total sense - hopefully we get some movement soon! 🤞🏻
When did you interview? 6 or 13th? have you heard from any other unis :-)

I interviewed on the 13th! I also interviewed for the RVC on the 18th and now have an interview for UCLAN this Monday! Unfortunately I still have not heard back from anyone regarding a decision so I’m very on edge!!
How about you guys? I am sure I haven’t seen you mention before but I can’t quite remember!!
How about you guys? I am sure I haven’t seen you mention before but I can’t quite remember!!

It’s my son who is applying. It’s his third application round so we are kind of old hat at this now 🤪
He also had his interview on 13th. He loved Aber. He does have an offer for Nottingham, rejection from Surrey post interview and on hold for Bristol.
It’s a brutal process that’s for sure. I think I’m more nervous than my son.
Hopefully you will hear some good news soon 🤞🙏🍀 x

It’s my son who is applying. It’s his third application round so we are kind of old hat at this now 🤪
He also had his interview on 13th. He loved Aber. He does have an offer for Nottingham, rejection from Surrey post interview and on hold for Bristol.
It’s a brutal process that’s for sure. I think I’m more nervous than my son.
Hopefully you will hear some good news soon 🤞🙏🍀 x

I’m a multiple time applicant too!! Determined this time will be THE time! 🤞🏻😭 wow, that’s fantastic he has an offer I bet you are both so pleased!! How did he feel about Aber? I have to say I did fall in love with it when I went!

I’m a multiple time applicant too!! Determined this time will be THE time! 🤞🏻😭 wow, that’s fantastic he has an offer I bet you are both so pleased!! How did he feel about Aber? I have to say I did fall in love with it when I went!

I have seen your username on the other threads 😁 We were so determined this time as well. The amount of research and wex he had done was phenomenal. Yes massive relief regarding Nottingham.
He absolutely loves Aber too though, I’ve not seen him so enthusiastic before. He really liked the face to face interviews as well. He hated the Surrey format, we knew it would be a rejection. I defintely believe what they say that the uni finds you

I have seen your username on the other threads 😁 We were so determined this time as well. The amount of research and wex he had done was phenomenal. Yes massive relief regarding Nottingham.
He absolutely loves Aber too though, I’ve not seen him so enthusiastic before. He really liked the face to face interviews as well. He hated the Surrey format, we knew it would be a rejection. I defintely believe what they say that the uni finds you

That’s amazing, he is very deserving of that offer!! I think Aber has had a similar effect on most people 😂 I’m really hoping Aber or the RVC give out some kind of news soon!!
Hi all,
I just got an offer of AAA for Vet Science a few hours ago from Aber, I'm deferring so starting Sept 2025, I'm extremely happy and will be firming it as 1st choice over Liverpool. I'm not sure if other offers have been sent out by Aber yet, but best of luck to you all nonetheless!
Original post by Hugh Vincent
Hi all,
I just got an offer of AAA for Vet Science a few hours ago from Aber, I'm deferring so starting Sept 2025, I'm extremely happy and will be firming it as 1st choice over Liverpool. I'm not sure if other offers have been sent out by Aber yet, but best of luck to you all nonetheless!

That’s fantastic well done 🥳 I’ve not heard of any other offers being released yet so you must be one of the first. Was it an email or UCAS. Did you interview the 6th or 13th?
That’s fantastic well done 🥳 I’ve not heard of any other offers being released yet so you must be one of the first. Was it an email or UCAS. Did you interview the 6th or 13th?

I got emailed my offer, UCAS hasn't quite updated it yet. I interviewed on the 15th December
Original post by Hugh Vincent

I got emailed my offer, UCAS hasn't quite updated it yet. I interviewed on the 15th December

Oh ok. Well congratulations again 🥳. I hadn’t realised they’d interviewed on the 15th? Are you international? Has your Rover updated?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending