The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
waiting on cambridge but most likely! what have u applied for?

Yh same Cambridge and lse are my favourites probably lse though:/ I messed up my interview
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Yh same Cambridge and lse are my favourites probably lse though:/ I messed up my interview

i feel like that also :/ but u never know haha
Original post by Physikoi
i feel like that also :/ but u never know haha

True you never know but I know I was just being dumb and the questions weren’t that hard:frown: anyways just waiting on lse now :/
Original post by Outlook1220
Can someone please explain why LSE halls with 31-week contracts are not preferred by international students?

Because in halls with 31 week contracts, you have to move all your stuff out at Easter and Christmas.

It's great if you live an hour's drive outside of London, and your parents can come into London in their car to collect all your stuff. It's not so great if you have to fly home.
True you never know but I know I was just being dumb and the questions weren’t that hard:frown: anyways just waiting on lse now :/

gl with both!! let me know how it goes :smile:
aHHHHHHH Capture.PNG

Wowww oh my god! Congratulations! Go treat yoself!
aHHHHHHH Capture.PNG

I'm like quaking what a dream, that's one hell of a christmas gift
Original post by romantically-
I'm like quaking what a dream, that's one hell of a christmas gift

iknooo santa really delivered :smile:
Has anyone applied for International social and public policy and has taken a gap year/retaking this year?
iknooo santa really delivered :smile:

Hey, Congrats! huge achievement right there!

your 4A* predicted, which subjects?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by LeapingLucy
Because in halls with 31 week contracts, you have to move all your stuff out at Easter and Christmas.

It's great if you live an hour's drive outside of London, and your parents can come into London in their car to collect all your stuff. It's not so great if you have to fly home.

Could you please explain LSE's academic calendar? All I know is:

The academic year begins in September and there's a welcome week.

I think knowing the academic year better (easter/christmas/other breaks and other details) will solve a good number of my doubts
will today be the last day for LSE decisions in 2019.?.., read that LSE will be on a break from 23rd to jan 1st or 2nd..
Original post by Outlook1220
will today be the last day for LSE decisions in 2019.?.., read that LSE will be on a break from 23rd to jan 1st or 2nd..

Yeah, based off previous cycles, pretty sure today is the last offer day until mid/late jan or even Feb
Does anyone know how good is LSE's maths, stats, and business program? How is it compared with Actuarial science or finance for example?
Original post by elcalandil
Hi, I'm now thinking whether I should apply with my Ontario high school average or with my predicted IB grades or just leave it and apply with achieved IB grades next year(my school offers two diplomas, one in IB and one in Ontario), the problem is for my HL course I cannot get a six in biology and LSE wants three six, and for the Ontario average though, social anthropology wants a 90 which I do have. I don't how reliable this is, since a 90 was not hard to achieve and everyone else seems to have much better predicted or achieved grades, is the requirement on LSE's website minimum requirement or is it rather deflated to attract more students to apply?

Hey there! I applied with my Alberta high school diploma plus my IB predicted grades. I applied to maths, stats, and business.
Reply 1195
aHHHHHHH Capture.PNG

when did u applyyyy
Reply 1196
did anyone applying after the oxbridge deadline get offers
what's the latest time in a day one can get offers, 18:00 BST ? ___?
Reply 1198
aHHHHHHH Capture.PNG

Hi just wonder what are your other 4 choices besides lse?
Will actually scream if I don’t get an offer in the next 0.2 seconds THIS WAIT IS EXCRUCIATING AHHHH

Latest

Trending

Trending