The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry May 16th 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

good luck guys make sure to come back and say how you found it so we can get an idea of the grade boundarys
look here mate your pissing me off just 12 hours before the exam. This isnt a GCSE thread it says IGCSE. In the CGP Book the answers are some ****ing answers page on page 90 not cracking
Original post by Cassie3535
In the CP GCSE Chemistry for edexcel book. Cracking is page 90, topic 8. Fractional Distillation is page 87. topic 8. And combustion of alcohols is page 104, topic 9. Paper 2 covers topics 1,6,7,8 and 9.
Original post by Underdog...
49 isnt bad compared to 20s and 30s.... if u got 49 just probably hav to work harder...tmrow's paper will be a piece of cake

Thanks, Ive been working hard too hard because I have procrastinated. Btw, I have maths geo and phys consecutive. Any tips? PS: I haven't gotten most of maths yet
whats that theory. r u talking about releasing H+ ions in water for acidic substances, and OH- ions in water for alkali???
Original post by justyouravgkid
How do you tell if something is acidic or basic w| out the "H DONOR" and "OH DONOR" theory???
Original post by h.i_773
whats that theory. r u talking about releasing H+ ions in water for acidic substances, and OH- ions in water for alkali???

proton donor and proton accepter?
I feel like I'm getting only 60% rip
Reply 46
I finished the paper 4CH1/1CR. I think that I will get about 95-100 marks.
thats a good mark!!!

Original post by 8013
I finished the paper 4CH1/1CR. I think that I will get about 95-100 marks.
Original post by sleep-deprived
thats a good mark!!!

I'm guessing around 80. Hope I get at least a 7
any questions about cations anions or soluble salts?
Last question was 24
Did you guys get endothermic for change?
+24.2
Original post by chris.hutch_
+24.2

It was minus, because it was exothermic.
I swear that paper was way too easy.
Reply 55
It was endo because temperature dropped
did we get any rate of reaction experiments?
what experiment questions were there??
Reply 58
U need to draw the graphs eg how concentration and temperature affect shape of graph. And explain why reaction decreases over time when Mg reacts with HCl
Original post by igcsegirllover
did we get any rate of reaction experiments?
Reply 59
Original post by chris.hutch_
+24.2

Which paper? 1C or 1CR?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending