The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Maths: Paper 1, Unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C342
? i got d as -600 not 530

I got -600 as well, hence used 16 for n
Yh it was -600. I double checked my answer as well by subbing it back in.
Original post by ahhmed123
How, it was a tan curve, not a sine curve. There was only one solution

it was squared so you have have +/- the value which if u added pi to the negative one you get 5/6pi. It implied there was more than one in the question
Original post by Bowdenpink
I got coefficient of fricton to be 0.221

Yeah same my guy
nah its 16 mate. it was 16/2((2x9300)-(15x600))
Original post by RIpp0
N is not 16 it's 17, it would be 16 if you've written your sequence like in GCSE. The sequence was In= 9300 - 530(n-1) and when n=17 the sequence is still positive
It was in degrees, 20 or 25 degree incline
Original post by SaleemOm
Saw people saying it was in radians. I can’t really remember but wasn’t the question in degrees?
could someone please go over the differential equation question and tell me where i went wrong i got v=square root of (19.6x/k)
to find the maximum value did anyone else find the maximum point and differentiate?
Original post by leowaddington08
I got -600 as well, hence used 16 for n
Original post by 12aroberts
to find the maximum value did anyone else find the maximum point and differentiate?

Surely this would end up with a non-integer value of n
It said the greatest, not maximum hence we only had to differentiated it once.
Yeah I found the sum in terms of n and differentiated. You get a quadratic with a negative coefficient so it has to be a maximum. Luckily also, value that you get is a whole number.
Original post by Aoan
yes, head of maths at my school is in contact with them over the issue

Original post by dylan5963
Mine probably is too. She was furious

Yes, my maths department has emailed in too
That’s what I got
Original post by Dr..D
yes I remember getting this acceleration yes
Exactly the same
Original post by Clark1111
Yeah same the RcosX one, what did everyone get as the transformation, I got a stretch in y-direction scale factor 1/root53 and -0.2... translation in the x-direction
Did anyone else use an integrating factor for the differential equation, or was it just me??
Reply 195
I remember getting something like 0.2... for the coefficient of friction
I got 0.317, but it seems that a lot more people agree on that 0.5... answer
Anyone care to share what they got on the paper - I reckon I got something between 55-70, though most likely towards the lower end.
Maybe 50-65 if I’m lucky
Original post by AIR127
Anyone care to share what they got on the paper - I reckon I got something between 55-70, though most likely towards the lower end.
Reply 199
what did you use as the integrating factor? It might have worked, I don't think it was necessary though. I think it ended up as something along the lines of V=U+AT, which is a suvat equation.

Original post by MMFM411
Did anyone else use an integrating factor for the differential equation, or was it just me??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending