Reply 40
Original post by Dr..D
there was a vector question for velocity
what did u guys get for it ?

k=-4 and 4i+9j
me too!
Original post by MrMoment
k=-4 and 4i+9j
Well I've lost a whole 7 marks on that differential question. Forgot that you could divide through by the entire thing. Oh dear.
Coefficient of friction 0.506 too
Original post by Deeznutsfuhn
How did u work this out I couldn’t do it

use V=U+at where v=0 at the maximum height, work out t using the vertical component of velocity and sub into s=ut+1/2at^2
then for the range use 2t as the projectile uses parabolic motion and sub in horizontal component of velocity.
Reply 45
Difficult but manageable. Did anyone get the Trig proof?
Reply 46
Oh no lol i got 4i+107j
How did you do it?
Original post by Mermaidqueen
me too!
I got that at the start - I think you missed the weight of the particle acting on it and only used the two given forces?
Original post by Grumpi
Oh no lol i got 4i+107j
How did you do it?
Has anyone else’s school complained the OCR about the mistake?
Reply 49
it was for the binomial expansion question, I think it was question 3, where you then equate coefficients of x and x^2
Original post by sajitha123
what was the a for?
Reply 50
did anyone get that the beam doesnt tip because the minimum length from q in order to tip was about like 0.7.. which was bigger than the beam?
Reply 51
Hmmm i think you're right. Did they give you the mass at the start?
Original post by maxwell40
I got that at the start - I think you missed the weight of the particle acting on it and only used the two given forces?
Reply 52
Original post by Mikeyhiggs
I got a different coefficient. About 0.2 ish

sameee
Original post by danstollenwerk
What mistake?

In the parametric question
I got that too... Can't remember the exact distance but it was greater than the distance from the point of support at Q to the end of the beam assuming the reaction was 0 from the other pivot. Which would mean it wouldn't tip
Original post by elavela
did anyone get that the beam doesnt tip because the minimum length from q in order to tip was about like 0.7.. which was bigger than the beam?
Original post by honeydukes01
In the parametric question

What was wrong with it
Reply 56
Original post by amartyasen
I got that too... Can't remember the exact distance but it was greater than the distance from the point of support at Q to the end of the beam assuming the reaction was 0 from the other pivot. Which would mean it wouldn't tip

I assumed the reaction was zero too
I assumed first that the reaction at q is zero and then I took moments at q and I assumed that p was zero and I think one of them gave me a negative distance
and I don't remember the other one tho lol
What did people get for the moments question
Original post by NaomiWilso
What was wrong with it

The text above describing the graphs was wrong - one of the equations was incorrect
Reply 59
I did moments from reaction at q with x the distance to 50g weight.

Got x=0.072 or something

And as the distance is 0.3m, it’ll tip when less than 0.224m from that end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending