The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Maths: Paper 1, Unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

In parametric equation question it said at the top x=4t^2, y=4t but on the diagram it said the general point was P(4t^2,8t) You only got they were the same distance if you used 8t
Reply 61
Original post by Grumpi
Oh no lol i got 4i+107j
How did you do it?

I don't remember that one but I think what I did is that I used Suvat for the vertical only so I used the initial J and I calculated the acceleration maybe from the weight that was given and the forces
How many marks was the moments question?
3 i think
Original post by ravman123456
How many marks was the moments question?
grade boundary predictions???
Will it be similar to last year?
Original post by beditness
grade boundary predictions???
Will it be similar to last year?

It will be lower I think, because it was only further maths students who took it last year, so there is more of a range of abilities taking it this year and about10,000 people do MEI so I think lower, but I could be wrong
The Parametric equation they made a mistake as they gave a wrong equation of the line for one of the points. Also n was 16 for the 5 marker question and you just plug into sum.
Differential equations most people in my school forgot that the whole thing is divided by V so 9.8/v. Think that there will be method marks.
Binomial Expansion A was 1/2.
The 5 marker for the circle, sector, triangle you had to show that the R^2 on both sides cancelled.
Projectiles the answers was 90 something and 7 hundred something.
Vector question on i and j it was -4 and something else. You had to work on i and js separately.
Moments question you had to find one the R values then you can find the next R value and then you add the force to one side and showed that it tipped.
70-65-A
60-55-B
50-45-C
Most likely the grade boundaries as it is a mix of further maths students and maths students. So Further Maths students will have grades at around 80 whereas normal maths students will have grades around 60-70.
For the series one, I got n is maximum at 15, and that summing the series to n=15 gets the sum to be 202,500. What did other people get? also, for the last question I got the coefficient of friction to be 0.221. It seems that answers are evenly split between 0.50 and 0.22
n was 16
Original post by uffyeah$
For the series one, I got n is maximum at 15, and that summing the series to n=15 gets the sum to be 202,500. What did other people get? also, for the last question I got the coefficient of friction to be 0.221. It seems that answers are evenly split between 0.50 and 0.22
Reply 70
Original post by lionike123
n was 16

yeah it was
Reply 71
I got n=16
and I differentiated whatever the equation was and equaled it to zero as that would be the kinda like the turning point... is this correct?
Original post by Dr..D
yeah it was
Ok so what was the correct coefficient of friction?? The 0.2 answer or the 0.5 answer
Do that question ask for the value of n corresponding with the maximum value of S? Because I’m pretty sure it just asked for the maximum S value as n varies. Also what was the trig proof, I thought I had it then it went weird so I had to move on:frown:
Original post by Dr..D
yeah it was
Reply 74
Yes it wanted the maximum of S but to do that you needed a value of n.... pretty sure at least cos once you have n you just plugged it back into the equation to get s
Original post by mollyann2112
Do that question ask for the value of n corresponding with the maximum value of S? Because I’m pretty sure it just asked for the maximum S value as n varies. Also what was the trig proof, I thought I had it then it went weird so I had to move on:frown:
I got the 0.5 answer, which I am pretty confident about. That being said, it really could be either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by t_bedford
Ok so what was the correct coefficient of friction?? The 0.2 answer or the 0.5 answer
Reply 76
Original post by C342
I got n=16
and I differentiated whatever the equation was and equaled it to zero as that would be the kinda like the turning point... is this correct?

what do u mean u differentiated ? I think u r talking about a different question . I am talking about the arithmetic one
Reply 77
Original post by mollyann2112

no they didn't ask for it but u have to figure it out in order to answer the question
the trig proof confused me a lot at the start but I got it at the end thank God but I don't remember the exact question sorry
You had to differentiate the sum formula and then you will find n which you plug into the sum formula.
Reply 79
nah same question, I differentiated the sum formula
Original post by Dr..D
what do u mean u differentiated ? I think u r talking about a different question . I am talking about the arithmetic one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending