(sinx/1-cosx)-(1/sinx) = cotx
LHS
(sin^2x-(1-cosx))/sinx(1-cosx)
((1-cos^2x)+cosx-1)/sinx(1-cosx)
(cosx-cos^2x)/sinx(1-cosx)
cosx(1-cosx)/sinx(1-cosx)
cosx/sinx = cotx RHS
Original post by mollyann2112
Do that question ask for the value of n corresponding with the maximum value of S? Because I’m pretty sure it just asked for the maximum S value as n varies. Also what was the trig proof, I thought I had it then it went weird so I had to move on:frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 81
I wonder what they’ll do about the error..
With the arithmetic sum question you coulf also have worked out n when the sequence becomes negative bec at that point the sum starts falling.
Original post by Andrejcouture27
I got 0.506 for the coefficient of friction.

Same, the people that didnt get that didnt use exact values
Reply 84
i got 1.6 (clearly did something wrong) for the sum of the arithmetic sequence... what were the actual values bc calculating it now gives me n=7 when n=16
Reply 85
Original post by C342
nah same question, I differentiated the sum formula

differentiation yeah u r right because they said maximum
I didn't even think about differentiating in the exam lol
Reply 86
How many marks was the sum question?
How do you know that k=-4?

Original post by MrMoment
k=-4 and 4i+9j
Do you think that the grade boundaries will be a lot lower or just a bit lower than last year felt a lot harder
(edited 4 years ago)
People that got 0.2 ish answers didnt realise that acceleration was negative.
Original post by uffyeah$
For the series one, I got n is maximum at 15, and that summing the series to n=15 gets the sum to be 202,500. What did other people get? also, for the last question I got the coefficient of friction to be 0.221. It seems that answers are evenly split between 0.50 and 0.22
Reply 90
I did this too originally hen realised I actually had to use 4t^2 instead of 8t because that’s they y coordinate not the x one
Original post by Isaacgresham14
Did something like this but couldn't get the equations to equal because of the 8t in PQ which wasn't in PR but I noticed when t=1 they do equal each other.
Paper was easier than 2018. Id assume itll be similar maybe slightly lower. But theres stats and comprehension to come yet.
Original post by YasminLE
Do you think that the grade boundaries will be lower than last year felt a lot harder
Its first year core 1 coordinate geometry, simply use formule square root of (x2-x1)^2 +(y2-y1)^2. You end up with the same equations for both lines.
Original post by Osas..
I did this too originally hen realised I actually had to use 4t^2 instead of 8t because that’s they y coordinate not the x one
I found this one so so much harder than last years
Original post by ahhmed123
Paper was easier than 2018. Id assume itll be similar maybe slightly lower. But theres stats and comprehension to come yet.
2018 had a nasty trig one, and a few proof questions that were hard.
Original post by hdjdjs
i got 1.6 (clearly did something wrong) for the sum of the arithmetic sequence... what were the actual values bc calculating it now gives me n=7 when n=16

I got the same, and I realised I didn't put the acceleration as negative as it was slowing down.
FOr parametric question I found perpendicular bisextor of QR and showed the point P lies on the perpendicular bisector,hence equidistant correct?
Reply 97
ahah yeah this paper was definately harder! Start was fine then it all went to shambles

(edited 4 years ago)
Yeh that’s what I did
Original post by jesutbura00
FOr parametric question I found perpendicular bisextor of QR and showed the point P lies on the perpendicular bisector,hence equidistant correct?
Yes
Original post by honeydukes01
Has anyone else’s school complained the OCR about the mistake?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending