The Student Room Group

AQA Pure Mathematics A Level Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have images of the paper by any chance?
Is kerboodle a good text books, that's the one we were given?

Original post by Gravesend
Did you use a textbook for paper 1? If so, do you know of any which are good for paper 2 and 3?
It’s again happening this year, year 12s who do fm are doing maths in one year, then fm in year 13. Only at some schools. Therefore, the grade boundaries will go down
Original post by catph
I didn't know only further maths people did this exam last year. Did all the single maths A level candidates do an old specification then?
Original post by LucyClipp
One of them was 0 but that couldn’t be possible because it would involve dividing by 0.... I think

I got that too
Reply 84
Original post by Edexcel Are mugs
It’s again happening this year, year 12s who do fm are doing maths in one year, then fm in year 13. Only at some schools. Therefore, the grade boundaries will go down

You can’t be so sure 😂. Last year it was 56 for an A on paper 1. So your saying it will go even lower than that ?
Mate half of my year couldn’t answer half of it, and to get onto a level maths u needed an 8 at my college. Think about all the people who got 6 at gcse doing it that probably couldn’t do the multiple choice
Original post by tostiw
You can’t be so sure 😂. Last year it was 56 for an A on paper 1. So your saying it will go even lower than that ?
Mate half of my year couldn’t answer half of it, and to get onto a level maths u needed an 8 at my college. Think about all the people who got 6 at gcse doing it that probably couldn’t do the multiple choice

Lmao. The MCQs were so simple this time acc, in the practice papers they took a bit of effort 😂
(edited 4 years ago)
The log one took me a minute when I did all indicies when I then realised u could literally plug any number in
Original post by Meduser
Lmao. The MCQs were so simple this time acc, in the practice papers they took a bit of effort 😂
The log one took me a minute when I did all indicies when I then realised u could literally plug any number in

Didn’t even think of putting a number in, that’s a good idea aha. Just kinda saw it from laws of logs
Reply 89

I’m pretty sure most people got the first half of the paper correct as it was quite easy.
The whole paper was easy for some. Sadly not me
Original post by tostiw
I’m pretty sure most people got the first half of the paper correct as it was quite easy.
It'll probably be 50% for an A by the looks of how everyone found it :frown:
is this for the 2020 paper ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending