The Student Room Group

I’m in Year 11, I don’t know what I’m doing!

Everyone in my Year know what they are doing, they either have a place at college or a job etc. I still don’t know what to do and I have a week left of Year 11 someone please help me ASAP! X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JeanetteMarie
Everyone in my Year know what they are doing, they either have a place at college or a job etc. I still don’t know what to do and I have a week left of Year 11 someone please help me ASAP! X

Do you not have any idea at all? Would you prefer to carry on studying or getting a job?

same!! I have no clue what I want to do next year!!
Well what subjects do you both currently like? Maths science, english?
Original post by ViktoriyaPetrov
same!! I have no clue what I want to do next year!!

well I guess I like the humanities like history but I cant think of anything else to do
Original post by Subhaan1231
Well what subjects do you both currently like? Maths science, english?
Okay so pick history what else do you like
well I guess I like the humanities like history but I cant think of anything else to do

exact same as you, dw. i still have no idea what i wanna do, all i know is that i wanna do history for A level.
maybe pick some facilitating subjects at A level, such as maths, it will widen ur opportunities for when u do decide what ur gonna do
im not really sure maybe politics or RS but I cant do both as they clash
Original post by Subhaan1231
Okay so pick history what else do you like

Do you want to carry on studying? Have you applied to any sixth forms or colleges? What subjects do you really love?
yeah thanks I was thinking of maths but the thing is im not very good at maths
Original post by lilTrain
exact same as you, dw. i still have no idea what i wanna do, all i know is that i wanna do history for A level.
maybe pick some facilitating subjects at A level, such as maths, it will widen ur opportunities for when u do decide what ur gonna do
I use to have ideas on what I wanted to do, but because I’m not that clever it set me back ... I’m not sure if I should carry on studying ??
Original post by MinaBee
Do you not have any idea at all? Would you prefer to carry on studying or getting a job?
Original post by Lydia.Mx
Do you want to carry on studying? Have you applied to any sixth forms or colleges? What subjects do you really love?

I’m not sure to be honest... I’ve applied to sixth form, I love art and dancing
I’m not sure to be honest... I’ve applied to sixth form, I love art and dancing

Do they offer dance & art? A-levels are hard so to do them over the next 2 years and hating the subject is going to make your time miserable.
If not could you see if there are any college courses that suit these interests?
If you are currently unsure, Jeanette, then you should probably continue your studies. It never hurts to have qualifications and you can change to something else if you find that what you're studying doesn't interest you. It sounds to me that you're very expressive and talented in arts, so I would recommend choosing A-Levels (or if something at college interests you, something on a different course) that allow you to be creative. Good luck, I'm sure that you'll do brilliantly in whatever you choose if you are passionate about it :wink:

Edit: It is also important that you think about what you want. You don't, of course, have to do what I recommend, but just choose something that you feel good about :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Thank you!!!! 😊
I did ask for A Levels but I’m not smart to do that soo....
Original post by Lydia.Mx
Do they offer dance & art? A-levels are hard so to do them over the next 2 years and hating the subject is going to make your time miserable.
If not could you see if there are any college courses that suit these interests?
I did ask for A Levels but I’m not smart to do that soo....

While it is true that for some courses you need to have a high aptitude for core subjects, a common misconception is that A-Levels are only for the brightest of the bright. This is not necessarily true: Just get the best grades you can and see what is available to you at the time. There are still maths and science exams to come, so try your best to smash them :wink:
For subjects like Art, I would think that you would require around a Grade 4-5 in English and maths. Just do the best that you can, and make decisions based on your grades. After exams, make sure you get a good and proper rest, you deserve it, we don't realise how hard we worked until it's all over. It's been a tough year, so don't think about it too much, make sure you are relaxing.
yeah thanks I was thinking of maths but the thing is im not very good at maths

same. im getting 6s but on results day if ur not happy with ur grade u can always choose something else. or maybe polish up ur maths over the summer to prepare for maths A level if u do take it?
If you don't make A-Levels, then there are always going to be some brilliant college courses that will definitely accept 4s and allow you to study art and similar subjects, so don't fret too much :smile:
No one in Year 11 knows what they're doing :rofl: You're definitely not alone on that one.

Try choosing the things you like, whether they're A-Levels or a course on a subject you like, and the rest will fall into place. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest