The Student Room Group

Accountancy offer vs insurance.

Hi all,

I have a graduate scheme offer from a top 5 accountancy firm. However, I have a greater desire to work in insurance (ideally underwriting).

I am therefore unsure whether to risk losing my graduate scheme when I don't know how long it could take to secure a job in insurance.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers:smile:
Original post by wjmw19
Hi all,

I have a graduate scheme offer from a top 5 accountancy firm. However, I have a greater desire to work in insurance (ideally underwriting).

I am therefore unsure whether to risk losing my graduate scheme when I don't know how long it could take to secure a job in insurance.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers:smile:

Congratulations on your offer, I would say keep proactively looking for Graduate schemes in Insurance till your start date. Alternatively, there is no-harm starting your Accountancy grad scheme, and in a year's time if you decide it isn't for you and get an offer in that field then resign.

Depending on your Line of Service, if you're going into Assurance, your firm might actually have a whole department which Audit's Insurance clients which you could express interest and when you qualify could then move into the field.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending