The Student Room Group

LSE vs Queen Mary PwC flying start scheme

Hi - I’m stuck on where to go for uni. I received an offer for accounting and finance at Lse and considering this is a highly prestigious uni, it will open many doors for future employment. However, I also have been accepted on the Queen Mary Flying start programme with PwC which will guarantee me a post graduate job with PwC (considering I achieve a 2:1 in my degree) after I finish my 3 ACA exams. I will also only have to complete 3 ACA exams (out of 15), as I get 12 exemptions, to qualify as a chartered accountant once I’ve graduated, and I will then be working with PwC - one of the best accounting firms in the world. This program also comes with other benefits such as guaranteed paid work experience, which means I will not have to apply for internships during the summer. I won’t also have to apply to graduate schemes after university (which can be very stressful as students usually apply to around 100 and only ever get a few offers. At Lse, you will be exempt from 7-8/15 ACA exams in comparison to this programme’s 12, but the flying start programme is 4 years compared to LSE's 3 years. However, Lse has one the most acclaimed finance department in the world so it would seem strange to reject it. Where should I go?
here's the thing - with an LSE degree, you'll land a job somewhere even better than PwC. the QM course looks like a solid option too, but LSE really has no competition for finance, especially from QM
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice :smile:

Original post by oprahwindfuryy
here's the thing - with an LSE degree, you'll land a job somewhere even better than PwC. the QM course looks like a solid option too, but LSE really has no competition for finance, especially from QM
If you want to work at the big 4 id go with QMC. But that depends if the job at PwC is guaranteed, I dont know much about the flying start course. If it's not a guaranteed job Id go with LSE. Id also go with LSE if you're wanting to work more in pure finance roles or banking
Hi

I am facing the same situation LSE or QMUL for flying start and my UCAS deadline is on the 8th to pick a firm and insurance. Although both the entry requirements are the same, Queen Mary is charging me international fees which means I have to defer for a year whereas LSE Is charging me home fees which means I can start this September. I’ve asked everybody I possibly could and I still haven’t reached a decision…..
Original post by jaankiii
Hi

I am facing the same situation LSE or QMUL for flying start and my UCAS deadline is on the 8th to pick a firm and insurance. Although both the entry requirements are the same, Queen Mary is charging me international fees which means I have to defer for a year whereas LSE Is charging me home fees which means I can start this September. I’ve asked everybody I possibly could and I still haven’t reached a decision…..

Do LSE in this case. Usually flying start is better but not worth paying international fees and deferring. Also LSE is very prestigious
Thank you.
Reply 7
Original post by Person72
Hi - I’m stuck on where to go for uni. I received an offer for accounting and finance at Lse and considering this is a highly prestigious uni, it will open many doors for future employment. However, I also have been accepted on the Queen Mary Flying start programme with PwC which will guarantee me a post graduate job with PwC (considering I achieve a 2:1 in my degree) after I finish my 3 ACA exams. I will also only have to complete 3 ACA exams (out of 15), as I get 12 exemptions, to qualify as a chartered accountant once I’ve graduated, and I will then be working with PwC - one of the best accounting firms in the world. This program also comes with other benefits such as guaranteed paid work experience, which means I will not have to apply for internships during the summer. I won’t also have to apply to graduate schemes after university (which can be very stressful as students usually apply to around 100 and only ever get a few offers. At Lse, you will be exempt from 7-8/15 ACA exams in comparison to this programme’s 12, but the flying start programme is 4 years compared to LSE's 3 years. However, Lse has one the most acclaimed finance department in the world so it would seem strange to reject it. Where should I go?

Hi, I was wondering which you chose? I was in this same situation, and I chose PwC.
Reply 8
Original post by User7327
Hi, I was wondering which you chose? I was in this same situation, and I chose PwC.

I also chose pwc
Original post by MR_MELONSLICE
If you want to work at the big 4 id go with QMC. But that depends if the job at PwC is guaranteed, I dont know much about the flying start course. If it's not a guaranteed job Id go with LSE. Id also go with LSE if you're wanting to work more in pure finance roles or banking

Hi, the job at pwc is guaranteed if you pass all your exams but you're not contracted to stay with pwc after you have graduated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending