The Student Room Group

Admin GCSEs

I’m worried my school has gave me the wrong candidate number, I’m 58th in my year alphabetically but my number was 4072. I asked someone else and they said theirs was 4053 and they are 43rd In my year, I don’t know if they got the 4 muddled up with 5. But I’m worried I’ll fail all my exams if my school are wrong. I know my number was definitely 4072, will they be in trouble/ what would happen if it were their mistake?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I've never heard of candidate numbers being based on registration numbers, but I could be wrong. Even if you wrote your candidate number wrong, I'm sure they'll still be able to find out it's you if you correctly wrote the centre number and your forename and surname.
Reply 2
There is no requirement for candidate numbers to be issued alphabetically, though it is normal. In this case I suspect they haven't tidied up their numbers from ages back and so there were some already allocated that couldn't be re-used when they gave your year group numbers. However, the reason is irrelevant. You have a number, use it. It will all be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest