The Student Room Group

How hard are higher level apprenticeships

Hello all,
I have just recently finished college with a Level 3 Diploma and got a D*D. I feel as if through my two year course I didn’t sync in too much information even though I feel as if I do know a lot about networking and such. I was just wondering if taking a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship would be hard for me to start off with.
How hard are IT Apprenticeships for people first starting, I am very nervous about working with no experience.
Hey,

Congrats on getting very high grades! I am a degree apprenticeship so a little bit different from a Level 4. But nevertheless, it is still very similar. When you have a job and studies, it is amazing, you are getting money in your pockets while getting a free education, and experience on the job!

But with this, you will find your life is continuously busy and you may not be able to have a lot of time with your friends and family due to having to do coursework/revision as soon as you come home and over the weekend.

If you are worried about not knowing that much, don't worry, that is the whole point of an apprentice. They should know just a little about the topic/nothing about it and therefore the duration of the apprenticeship is to get you up to a good standard, sometimes you might be required to go away and learn it yourself, but that rarely happens as you will get given projects that are tailored to you.

The takeaway from this is it can be a busy time for you, but it is worth it if you do want to put the effort in. Just don't worry about not knowing that much about the topic because they will think that you are a lower level, to begin with. Aftertime, you will improve!

Good Luck and tell me how it goes!
dont worry. dont be nervous. just find a good apprenticeship. keep applying. it shouldn't be too tough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending