The Student Room Group

Accounting Apprenticeships

is accounting apprenticeships hard to get into?
Is there a lot of competition?
do i need really good grades cos i only 5s and 6s and couple 7s in gcse?
Hi there,

I did an accountancy apprenticeship upon leaving Sixth Form, although I really only needed 5 A-C grades at GCSE to be eligible for the scheme I went on.

There are different levels of apprenticeship depending on the type or level of qualification you'll be studying for; ranging from Advanced (level 3 or A-level equivalent) to Higher (level 4 or first-year university) and even Degree level and above.

For level 3 and level 4 apprenticeships, you should be fine with the grades that you currently have. It's important to note however that some roles or schemes will also look at other factors, such as experience or other factors as part of their application processes; so grades might not be everything.

The level of competition will vary depending on the industry you enter into, the company and how desirable the scheme or role your applying for is perceived. For accountancy specifically, you will find roles in the 'Big 4' (PwC, EY, KPMG, Deloitte) to be the most desirable and competitive.

If you have any further information then this might help me provide more details. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending