The Student Room Group

GCSE maths remark (Pearson Edexcel)

On results day I was one mark of a grade 5 in my maths exams and my Maths Teacher said I should get it remarked. I signed the form to have it done but now I’m panicking that my grade may go down to a 3. I know I would have to loose 34 marks in order to get a 3 but I really want to cancel the remark. I don’t know how to as school is closed at the moment because of the summer holidays. I’m not sure what I should do!
Original post by Lonnica
On results day I was one mark of a grade 5 in my maths exams and my Maths Teacher said I should get it remarked. I signed the form to have it done but now I’m panicking that my grade may go down to a 3. I know I would have to loose 34 marks in order to get a 3 but I really want to cancel the remark. I don’t know how to as school is closed at the moment because of the summer holidays. I’m not sure what I should do!

Do you have your teachers school email possibly? It is very unlikely the grade will go down that much, examiners are trained to do marking!
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply. I’ll see if I can find my maths teacher’s email. 😊
You would definitely not go down that much, no way. The examiners are paid to mark it correctly. It's quite likely that you could gain a mark or two, or you could possibly go down a mark or two but that wouldn't change your overall grade.
Original post by Lonnica
Thanks for the reply. I’ll see if I can find my maths teacher email. 😊

No problem, good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Lonnica

Has your teacher had a look at your exam and marked it themselves? It is extremely unlikely that you would go down by that many marks and if your teacher marks it and gives it a similar mark to what it was before then there's even less chance.

Quick Reply

Latest