The Student Room Group

Remarking a levels help

I am getting my Edexcel A level maths paper remarked because I was 1 mark off the next grade. My school is charging £30 for Access to Scripts (ATS) as it is £10 per paper. However, on the Pearson website:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/post-results-services/post-results-fees-august-2022.html

it says that it is free to have access so I am confused. Can someone please help?

@DataVenia
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
I have attached the prices of remarks for my school and what the exam board says below:
Reply 2
Also is it possible for someone to make a thread for Remarks for A levels? I have seen quite a few remark questions being asked
Reply 3
Original post by Idk131
I have attached the prices of remarks for my school and what the exam board says below:

Ask them why they are charging - it may be an admin fee - they have to download the paper which takes time.

Get a copy not the original
Original post by Idk131
I am getting my Edexcel A level maths paper remarked because I was 1 mark off the next grade. My school is charging £30 for Access to Scripts (ATS) as it is £10 per paper. However, on the Pearson website:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/post-results-services/post-results-fees-august-2022.html

it says that it is free to have access so I am confused. Can someone please help?

@DataVenia

Does the school charge differently based upon the exam board? Or do they charge the same regardless if the exam board?

If it's the same, perhaps they've just averaged-out what the different exam boards charge to make it simpler for students. So the school make money on some transactions, but then lose it on others. Just a guess.
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
Does the school charge differently based upon the exam board? Or do they charge the same regardless if the exam board?

If it's the same, perhaps they've just averaged-out what the different exam boards charge to make it simpler for students. So the school make money on some transactions, but then lose it on others. Just a guess.

It is the same for all exam boards
Original post by Idk131
It is the same for all exam boards

OK. When I wrote the above I had it my head that some exam boards charge for their "Access to Scripts" service. However, having checked it seems that the don't. (Perhaps they did last year, and that's what I've remembered.)

The links below are to the relevant parts of their web sites.

Edexcel - free (immediate access)
OCR - free (immediate access)
Eduqas - free (immediate access)
AQA - free ("We aim to have the papers to you within one week in the majority of cases, but allow up to six weeks for them to arrive.")

So now I have a new theory. Perhaps they're just trying to prevent every student requesting this service because it's free. It would be quite an overhead if the majority of students requested their marked papers "just because they could", despite having no intention of using the papers to help inform a decision to apply for a Review of Marking or Priority Review of Marking.

Or, as @Muttley79 suggests, perhaps it's an admin fee?
Reply 7
Original post by DataVenia
OK. When I wrote the above I had it my head that some exam boards charge for their "Access to Scripts" service. However, having checked it seems that the don't. (Perhaps they did last year, and that's what I've remembered.)

The links below are to the relevant parts of their web sites.

Edexcel - free (immediate access)
OCR - free (immediate access)
Eduqas - free (immediate access)
AQA - free ("We aim to have the papers to you within one week in the majority of cases, but allow up to six weeks for them to arrive.")

So now I have a new theory. Perhaps they're just trying to prevent every student requesting this service because it's free. It would be quite an overhead if the majority of students requested their marked papers "just because they could", despite having no intention of using the papers to help inform a decision to apply for a Review of Marking or Priority Review of Marking.

Or, as @Muttley79 suggests, perhaps it's an admin fee?

Edexcel haven't charged for a while -- the other biards are just catching up! I thin it does reduce the number of reviews of marking as people can get teachers to check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending