ephemeral02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
does anyone know how i inform myself of current debates for example? im not worried about structuring the essay as such but I don't think I will have enough knowledge to actually make a good argument
ephemeral02
Rep:
?
anyone?
Hugh's Swan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You don’t need to know any current affairs, you just need to have analytical skills and coming up,with thoughts outside the box.
ephemeral02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hugh's Swan)
You don’t need to know any current affairs, you just need to have analytical skills and coming up,with thoughts outside the box.
so the questions won’t require me to give proper evidence like facts from the news?
Hugh's Swan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well if you know the evidence then give it to illustrate your argument, but the questions look as if they are general type concepts where you have to make arguments and how would you be able to second guess the topics in order to revise?
ephemeral02
Rep:
?
Well if you know the evidence then give it to illustrate your argument, but the questions look as if they are general type concepts where you have to make arguments and how would you be able to second guess the topics in order to revise?
idk but from examples i’ve seen people seem to provide good evidence whereas i cant think of any
Hugh's Swan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m sure something will come to you when it comes to it. Many years ago when i did the entrance exam, i mentioned something on the radio I had heard that morning as an example.
ephemeral02
Rep:
?
I’m sure something will come to you when it comes to it. Many years ago when i did the entrance exam, i mentioned something on the radio I had heard that morning as an example.
ah ok thank you then!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (117)
63.59%
No (67)
36.41%

Watched Threads