The Student Room Group

Human Sciences Oxford applicants 2023-2024

Is anyone applying for human sciences 2024 entry at oxford? Wanted to have a thread dedicated to our niche subject 😀😀 Feel free to write below what college you applied to, subjects, and exam results/ predicted grades :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
College - Keble
Subjects - Biology, Geography, Economics
Predicted grades - A*A*A*
Achieved grades - 9999998887

How did everyone find the TSA? I thought it was abysmal 😭😭
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ame3em
College - Keble
Subjects - Biology, Geography, Economics
Predicted grades - A*A*A*
Achieved grades - 9999998887

How did everyone find the TSA? I thought it was abysmal 😭😭

tsa was absolutely horrific xx
Original post by Anonymous
Is anyone applying for human sciences 2024 entry at oxford? Wanted to have a thread dedicated to our niche subject 😀😀 Feel free to write below what college you applied to, subjects, and exam results/ predicted grades :smile:

Which question did everyone go for? I tried to answer the philosophical one about deserving things 😭😭. TSA was not fun
Reply 4
Hii, I’m so happy I’ve found this thread, I don’t know many other ppl applying for this course, dw I found the TSA horrible as well, will be so lucky if I could get an interview atp. Where else have you guys applied ?
Reply 5
Original post by SoapySoapson
Which question did everyone go for? I tried to answer the philosophical one about deserving things 😭😭. TSA was not fun

I picked the one about languages and rambled on too much 😭
Original post by lilorain
Hii, I’m so happy I’ve found this thread, I don’t know many other ppl applying for this course, dw I found the TSA horrible as well, will be so lucky if I could get an interview atp. Where else have you guys applied ?

I have applied for human sciences and evolution at UCL, health and human sci at Durham, liberal arts and natural sci at Birmingham and natural sci at Lancaster - how about you?
Reply 7
I have applied for human sciences and evolution at UCL, health and human sci at Durham, liberal arts and natural sci at Birmingham and natural sci at Lancaster - how about you?

Nicee, I applied for Human Scinecws at Oxford, UCL, Exeter and Birmingham and then Health and Human Sciences at Durham same as you. How you feeling about offers and your application. I’m super anxious I can’t stop checking my emails 😭
Reply 8

Neither! it’s such a rare subject haha. I’ve applied oxford, anthropology at durham, bristol, UCL and social anthropology at edinburgh. Wbu??
Reply 9
Nicee, I applied for Human Scinecws at Oxford, UCL, Exeter and Birmingham and then Health and Human Sciences at Durham same as you. How you feeling about offers and your application. I’m super anxious I can’t stop checking my emails 😭

Same!! Has anyone got any offers yet? all my friends are getting offers for diff subjects but anthropology/ human sci seem to be slower 🫠
Original post by Anonymous
Same!! Has anyone got any offers yet? all my friends are getting offers for diff subjects but anthropology/ human sci seem to be slower 🫠

I’m in the same boat!! Most of my friends who have applied have heard from somewhere but my emails are remaining sadly quiet
Reply 11
I’m in the same boat!! Most of my friends who have applied have heard from somewhere but my emails are remaining sadly quiet

Glad to know it’s not just me!! Hopefully we get some replies soon🤞🤞
Reply 12

I applied for human sciences at Oxford, UCL and Exeter and then biology at bath and natural sciences at Durham. I picked the language questjon for tsa and I think the essay was fine but the section 1 was awful- guessed loads and ran out of time, gonna have to pray to get an interview 😭
Hi guys! So happy to see this thread!!
I’ve applied to Hertford college, I study English Literature, Biology and Maths and predicted A*AA. Achieved 99999887 at GCSE. I have applied to Human Sciences at Birmingham, Human Geography at Leicester and Lancaster a Liberal Arts at Nottingham - a bit of a random mix haha!
I have had offers from Birmingham and Nottingham so far.
I picked the one about languages and rambled on too much 😭

I picked the languages one too and waffled far too much! I’m not really sure I wrote anything of much sense!
Reply 15
Original post by squemily16
I picked the languages one too and waffled far too much! I’m not really sure I wrote anything of much sense!

Same- how did u find section 1?
Original post by halil32

I found section 1 about the same as the other past papers I have done - although I have always found the past papers difficult. There are always a few questions I have to guess on due to time constraints - how about you?
Reply 17
I found section 1 about the same as the other past papers I have done - although I have always found the past papers difficult. There are always a few questions I have to guess on due to time constraints - how about you?

Yeah I think the pressure just got to me so I ended up getting super confused. I hope my gcse grades and predicted will help me get an interview if the tsa was a mess
Original post by halil32
Yeah I think the pressure just got to me so I ended up getting super confused. I hope my gcse grades and predicted will help me get an interview if the tsa was a mess

Yeah that makes sense, I’m sure you will get an interview! I find with the TSA it’s super hard to work out how you have done because of the nature of multiple choice questions 😭😭😭
Original post by halil32

Section 1 was ok-ish. Was a bit pushed for time and had to make a few educated guesses. There were a few that I know I should’ve spent longer on and done differently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending