The Student Room Group

Anyone else just wear a hoodie in winter?

Like many students I live in hoodies.

My parents often say I should wear a coat but I find I usually manage okay with just a t-shirt, a pair of joggers or jeans and a hoodie. For example today it was about three or four degrees but also sunny and I was wearing jeans and a hoodie and I did feel quite cold but I wasn’t out for long. I also saw quite a few other students and adult men also wearing hoodie and jeans and I saw a couple of people wearing shorts.

I have recently started wearing a vest under my t-shirt for extra warmth.

I see a lot of other students wearing hoodies as well. It’s like the most popular thing to wear at college. Some students wear coats or jackets on top of their hoodie but quite a lot don’t. Very few wear hats or gloves.

I even occasionally see some students wearing shorts with a jacket or hoodie in the winter.

I find I just don’t like coats very much anymore. They take forever to put on and zip up etc, they feel heavy and bulky and they don’t fit over a hoodie very well. I just can’t be bothered anymore. I could just wear a T-shirt under my coat but then it probably wouldn’t be much warmer than my hoodie and I don’t like the hood on my coat much either. I also find that my coat doesn’t seem to make much difference anyway - there have been plenty of days in the winter where I have been cold yet I have been wearing my coat.

I just seem to have become much more of a hoodie person these days. I used to be much more of a coat person. And I don’t seem to have to feel the cold as much as I used to either.

So are you like me and just go out in a hoodie and jeans most of the time (or even shorts!) or do you wrap up in 10 layers before leaving the house?
Reply 1
I prefer to wear hoodies over jackets or coats, they're more versatile and don't get in the way as much as coats do. They're also see. as more acceptable to continue wearing indoors.
I don't wear hoodies. I do the large coat that was de rigour in the 1980s.

Quick Reply

Latest