The Student Room Group

Investment banking with non finance degree

hi all!
Does anyone know the sorts of jobs that people with non finance degrees can get in investment banks? I am applying for Politics, IR and Spanish and but I am also interested in investment banking
Original post by iya1234
hi all!
Does anyone know the sorts of jobs that people with non finance degrees can get in investment banks? I am applying for Politics, IR and Spanish and but I am also interested in investment banking

Plenty of people go into IB/finance with non finance/numerical degrees.

Just make sure you get involved in your future university's finance/banking socs,, apply for Spring Weeks, build your network, leverage it and then apply for internships etc.
Original post by iya1234
hi all!

Not uncommon at all, what is important is going to a target uni (or semi target if you can't get into a target), doing spring weeks then doing an internship (which you would then try and convert into a grad scheme offer, most (if not all) offers given out for grad schemes in IB are given to people with an investment banking internship under their belt)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending