The Student Room Group

City, University of London v Durham University

Which has more links to the investment banks?
I would like to do a Finance degree and came across an article that stated Cass Business School City, University of London is 6th in Europe for Finance but 13th in the U.K. Durham is a RG university. Will company prefer graduates from a RG university over City, University of London a non-RG?Durham is ranked 11th (complete university)
Original post by Hospitality
Which has more links to the investment banks?
I would like to do a Finance degree and came across an article that stated Cass Business School City, University of London is 6th in Europe for Finance but 13th in the U.K. Durham is a RG university. Will company prefer graduates from a RG university over City, University of London a non-RG?Durham is ranked 11th (complete university)

It is worth visiting both universities and noting which one you prefer. Studying at a campus university like Durham is very different studying in a city-based university.

Similarly, it will be serving for you to check out what placement opportunities are available at each university - this will serve you when it comes to applying for finance roles or graduate programmes.
Reply 2
Undergrad or postgrad? That makes a huge difference.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
Undergrad or postgrad? That makes a huge difference.

Undergraduate
Reply 4
Original post by Hospitality
Undergraduate

I suspect Durham places more students into the City by a large distance. Not sure how much that reflects A level grades (for CV filters) and social background.
Durham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending