The Student Room Group

Sony ericsson menu button not working

Arghhh one button on my mobile (sony ericsson k800i) does not work anymore. It worked once, and then I had to press it hard for it to work. now its completely gone, and its such an important button, it controls my menu/back button/I cant cancel phone calls/or go to my favs in wap/ or even cancel my alarm when it goes off.

Is there anyway I can fix this button, without going somewhere to get it replaced?

Thanks. Rep given to 1st person with the answer.

x
Reply 1
It's a common Sony Ericc fault. It happened to my K700i, however fortunately it started working again after a while when I pressed it REALLY hard. Only fix is to take it to a phone shop and hope they don't quote too much. (I didn't get mine fixed, as K700i wasn't really worth spending money to fix at the time, so I just got a new phone)
Oh I see, thanks. Im not paying money to fix this phone :frown:
btw: my best friend is The Stig. He has a poster of himself saying "his name" is the Stig, :biggrin:
Reply 5
AngelofnoColour
btw: my best friend is The Stig. He has a poster of himself saying "his name" is the Stig, :biggrin:

haha, I have the t shirt :p:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=135119

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=135119

http://www.gsmarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104843
Well pressing the button down hard wasn't going to make it any better.

If it's still under manufacturer warrantee then send it back to Sony Ericsson to get it fixed
the joystick is working though. Its the button on the rigth of the joystick thats not working. :frown:
The Stig
It's a common Sony Ericc fault. It happened to my K700i, however fortunately it started working again after a while when I pressed it REALLY hard. Only fix is to take it to a phone shop and hope they don't quote too much. (I didn't get mine fixed, as K700i wasn't really worth spending money to fix at the time, so I just got a new phone)

Although i've not experienced the sticking/not working joystick on my K800i, I agree with what the stig has suggested.

Failing that if the cost of fixing the phone is going to cost more than the phone and you really do still like using the phone - you could buy another one @ the cost of £60 from CPW or Tesco (who have a discount on the phone at the moment).

EDITl Just noticed that your phone joystick isn't the issue - :redface: lol.
Reply 9
Have you tried using a pen to press it down.My mate had the same problem. :smile:
its a dodgy mobile bought from a market trader :frown: bought it two years ago.
Ok I confess. It has stopped working ever since I used my phone whilst in the shower, not under the water of course, but in the same damp steamy environment, with wet hands :s:
the pen thing doesnt work, just tried it. its completely gone! me got no money :frown:
Reply 13
AngelofnoColour
Ok I confess. It has stopped working ever since I used my phone whilst in the shower, not under the water of course, but in the same damp steamy environment, with wet hands :s:

That shouldn't matter though, as with phones, once they dry they go back to normal. I've dropped my phone in the bath and after I've left it for a day to dry it's gone back to normal.
Reply 14
Lol at the confessions.. :smile:
Hmm..Can you phone customer assistance for help?Obvs if its from some market dude you can't get an exchange but maybe some help?
If you really like the handset and can save up £60 (at CPW) - £78 (at tesco) - then do that because I personally reckon the cost of getting it fixed is going to be a tad too high.

My old K800i started to play up - so went and got another one. :smile:
Reply 16
Actually, if it's not the joystick and it's a button, I'm pretty sure under the settings you can change the use for the buttons. So you can change the function of the broken button to another button which works, and replace it with a function you don't really need a button for eg 'messages' to the broken one. I know some phones can do this, I don't know if the K800i can.
what a good idea :biggrin: I'll try that if it exists. Thanks guys.

Latest

Trending

Trending