The Student Room Group

What are Eton, St Pauls and Westminister students like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Reality Check
Would you base your knowledge of dinosaurs off Jurassic Park?

ArE YoU TrYiNg TO AsK AbOut SomTHiNG To ChANgE ThE ToPIc?? no of course not, however, you're naive enough to mix up films that are based off realistic ideas to things that are pure fiction, are you sure that you went to a "Top school"?
Original post by Abzdot
ArE YoU TrYiNg TO AsK AbOut SomTHiNG To ChANgE ThE ToPIc?? no of course not, however, you're naive enough to mix up films that are based off realistic ideas to things that are pure fiction, are you sure that you went to a "Top school"?

Your caps lock went funny.

No, I went to a comp. OK? Happy? Good :smile:
Reply 22

When you have nothing to reply so you just make stupid remarks.
Reply 23

there you go, you couldn't even understand my sarcasm proving how stupid you are :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by chloenix
When you have nothing to reply so you just make stupid remarks.

exactly
Tbh having met a few of them at university, the majority of them are alright. However, on the first day of university there was a troupe of Etonians walking around campus with Eton blazers on - very odd. The drugs thing transcends the boundaries of class from what I have seen here.
Original post by Abzdot
there you go, you couldn't even understand my sarcasm proving how stupid you are :biggrin:

Yep, you've totally got me there. You and Chloe. Well done!

I'm so ashamed of myself now. How could I have exposed myself so easily? And to Abzdot, of all people...
Reply 27
Yep, you've totally got me there. You and Chloe. Well done!

I'm so ashamed of myself now. How could I have exposed myself so easily? And to Abzdot, of all people...

well done for taking responsibility! JB Priestley would be proud!
Reply 28
Original post by hewgcrusty
Tbh having met a few of them at university, the majority of them are alright. However, on the first day of university there was a troupe of Etonians walking around campus with Eton blazers on - very odd. The drugs thing transcends the boundaries of class from what I have seen here.

Oh that is quite odd! Which university do you go to if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Abzdot
well done for taking responsibility! JB Priestley would be proud!

I have to now fry some chips for my tea in my hovel. Having being roundly exposed by you and Chloe. I'll be sure to think of what I've done.

Thanks so much, both of you.

By the way, are there any films you could recommend I watch to aid my understanding of this situation. I don't have books, internet etc, being a poor white trash kid from a sink estate. I'm sure you understand.

Thanking you kindly in advance :smile:
Oh that is quite odd! Which university do you go to if you don't mind me asking?

Imperial - which I suppose has very low amounts of drug use anyway tbh.
Reply 31
I have to now fry some chips for my tea in my hovel. Having being roundly exposed by you and Chloe. I'll be sure to think of what I've done.

By the way, are there any films you could recommend I watch to aid my understanding of this situation. I don't have books, internet etc, being a poor white trash kid from a sink estate. I'm sure you understand.

You're really funny! Honestly, you should go into comedy or something, because your jokes are beyond anything I've ever seen!
You're really funny! Honestly, you should go into comedy or something, because your jokes are beyond anything I've ever seen!

Chloe, stop...:colondollar:
Reply 33
Original post by hewgcrusty
Imperial - which I suppose has very low amounts of drug use anyway tbh.

Oh really. I guess it's expected seeing as Imperial is such an academic university.
Original post by asjad_naqvi
When did you graduate from cambridge and what were the requirements for law then? :smile:
Did u have the cambridge law test as well

Is this related to Chloe's post? I don't mind answering, but she might not like you derailing :smile:

Ahahaha true, ill Pm u !
Reply 35

Yep my family is very poor, we pay 45% tax in the UK, but yes, you are very correct
this thread is so toxic bro. why r u treating reality check like that? just because he didn't go to one of those schools, he can't express his opinion? a bit ironic here isn't it? since the thread starter seems to hate these privileged schools because of how they are portrayed in that film (treating people outside of these schools like trash)?

I go to st Paul's and its great here. Most of my teachers went to oxbridge (not to study education) and many have PhDs. actually the majority of the Bio and Chem dept have PhDs but nvm.

people here are great, some are quite arrogant and posh but most of them came from the junior school (easier to get into) and have pathetic grades (compared to the rest of us). pretty much everyone have above average IQ. I know this absolutely r3tard3d (bypass TSR censorship) kid but his family is worth billions, so that's ok. (they probably made a big donation to our new building, and will probably donate a few millions to our new boat house)

Even the rowers are intelligent , and so are the other sporty kids. everyone is nice and respects each other, unless you go to some worse school.

there are lots of child prodigies here as well, too much for me to talk about here...
but not everyone here is that smart.

the general opinion is:
state schools are crap
schools like harrow are crap
westminster deserves to be hated because it's Westminster

its hard to not feel superior when you go to these schools, not gonna lie. we do work harder tho (on average) and learn more stuff beyond the syllabus, and deserve to go to oxbridge.

it is less posh than u think, and if u hate us I actually don't care. lets just say, these schools are not for everyone :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
I know people from all of those schools (Eton, St Pauls and Westminster).

Most of the them are really nice and polite, and you can definitely have a normal conversation with them. Yes, they are very intelligent, very confident and probably very wealthy - but they don't show that off. They don't need to.

Only a handful are the stereotypical stuck-up public school kids, and as the post above says, they're usually the ones that join from junior school. But even they grow up and learn, so by the time they're in their late teens they're pretty much alright.

As for drugs, of course some people do it quite regularly - but nothing more than just your average private school.

Finally - I agree with Kevin2002 in the sense that you can't blame them for probably feeling arrogant/superior on the inside. With all the state of the art facilities, excellent teaching, special and usually impossible opportunities, you can't not feel that you are privileged. Because you are.
Original post by Kevin2002

Why Westminster in particular? Isn't it the same with Eton, Winchester etc?
Reply 39
Original post by Kevin2002
this thread is so toxic bro. why r u treating reality check like that? just because he didn't go to one of those schools, he can't express his opinion? a bit ironic here isn't it? since the thread starter seems to hate these privileged schools because of how they are portrayed in that film (treating people outside of these schools like trash)?

I go to st Paul's and its great here. Most of my teachers went to oxbridge (not to study education) and many have PhDs. actually the majority of the Bio and Chem dept have PhDs but nvm.

people here are great, some are quite arrogant and posh but most of them came from the junior school (easier to get into) and have pathetic grades (compared to the rest of us). pretty much everyone have above average IQ. I know this absolutely r3tard3d (bypass TSR censorship) kid but his family is worth billions, so that's ok. (they probably made a big donation to our new building, and will probably donate a few millions to our new boat house)

Even the rowers are intelligent , and so are the other sporty kids. everyone is nice and respects each other, unless you go to some worse school.

there are lots of child prodigies here as well, too much for me to talk about here...
but not everyone here is that smart.

the general opinion is:
state schools are crap
schools like harrow are crap

its hard to not feel superior when you go to these schools, not gonna lie. we do work harder tho (on average) and learn more stuff beyond the syllabus, and deserve to go to oxbridge.

it is less posh than u think, and if u hate us I actually don't care. lets just say, these schools are not for everyone :smile:

Did you not read the thread and my initial comment? I don't hate people from these schools, quite the opposite, I'm intrigued by them and I want to know if the stereotypes are true so that I can fairly judge them. The film the Riot Club is a stereotype of these type of schools, but before I base all my knowledge off it, I decided to come onto TSR and ask people if the stereotype is true. Reality Check was completely rude from the get go, literally insulting me on the first post and continuing to do so.

However, what you said is very helpful, and I definitely expected it to be something like that. Mostly a lot of highly educated kids with a small mix of the 'elite'. Why do people hate Westminster and Harrow? My grandfather went to Westminster back in the day!

And I don't hate your school at all. I am morally against the idea of private schools but it is completely understandable as to why people send their children there, and I don't want private schools to be abolished because that would mess up the whole system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending