The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The same reason that they picked the characteristics in the first place...because they don't like them, and they also don't want their grandchildren to be like them.

Well, it's not possible to code however you want, in any case. Atleast not in the sense you mean.

Yes, or skin colour, or eye colour etc etc. There are many countires which if they got a hold of such technology would be more than happy to pass such laws - and radical ideas are quick to spread.

Remember you can only choose between want the parents provide. That's why two blacks couldn't spawn white kids. If both parents have brown eyes, then it remains so. Haven't you studied basic biology?
Reply 61
Paxdax
No, there is no ideal combination of genes. It can always be made better.

Where are your sources.

Paxdax
That how evolution works.

Not for humans anymore. Humans live in artifical environments - we have no real oppertunity to evolve any more than trivial things. Anything significant would be looked at as disgusting or horrible - and sucha person would never reproduce.

As such, the genes we have currently would be able to be arange in such a way that an idividual with those genes would never become sick fromheriditary dieseases. They would have a perfect metabolism and other such funcitons etc etc.

There is always an optimum configuration for anything.

Paxdax
As more and more is changed, we may sway away from the original Homo Sapiens Sapiens, into a new human, just as we swayed away from our ape ancestors once upon a time.

Physically that is unlikly, people would never choose to change their apperance into anything else, and I feel (especially at this point in time) that changing our genome suhc that we are not human anymore would also not go down well either.

Neverthless, there is an optimum configuration of genes, there will be one configuration that is superior in the qualities which are expressed, its just logical.
rbilling
If your plan goes through, you will indeed be an endangered species.
You're in the wrong thread. This is the thread for the real Nazis, not the grammar Nazis :wink:
Reply 63
Paxdax
Well, it's not possible to code however you want, in any case. Atleast not in the sense you mean.

Not at the moment it is...however perhaps you didn't realise technology is not frozen in time. Eventually we will be able to manipulate chromosomes, and genes, into expressing characteristics which we want.

Remember you can only choose between want the parents provide. That's why two blacks couldn't spawn white kids. If both parents have brown eyes, then it remains so. Haven't you studied basic biology?

Havn't you? Since when does two parents having brown eyes mean the child has brown eyes?

You know there are recessive and dominant allels yes?

Also I know two black parents who have a white child, its also a case recessive genes. By your reasoning everyone on the planet should have the same coloured skin - we all have a common ancestor after all.

Once we know how to contorl genes, inducing controlled mutations won't be a problem
Also I know two black parents who have a white child, its also a case recessive genes.
Isn't that called adoption? Seriously, can that actually happen short of albinism?
Reply 65
Agent Smith
Isn't that called adoption? Seriously, can that actually happen short of albinism?

No it's not, please go and study basic genetics before stating such ignorant statements - I did even explain it for you.
Agent Smith

Perfectly possible, if the baby has a white grand-parent (or great-grandparent, for that matter).
jonathan122
Perfectly possible, if the baby has a white grand-parent (or great-grandparent, for that matter).
True, I suppose. I've just never heard of it happening, which is why I was sceptical; but yeah, thinking back to my biology I can't see any reason why it shouldn't.
Reply 68
jonathan122

Or great great great grandparents. The genes that are passed on are completly random. Just depends which it inherits.
Reply 69
If everyone was intelligent we might have a shortage of people doing job 'smart' people wouldn't do.
I'd be for eugenics, but only to remove bad things, such as horrible ressesive diseases. Also to breed a pure aryan race, and build strength into the races of the British isles.
^It wouldn't surprise me if that was serious.
Reply 72
I've been pondering :smile: and I think eugenics and communism would work well together; especially if there's an 'altruistic gene'.
Reply 73
Bring back the T-4 Eugenics Programme I say.
Reply 74
Chocca
Bring back the T-4 Eugenics Programme I say.

This is the problem, it's impossible to talk about eugenics without accusing 'eugenicists' of being nazi's. I DON'T WANT TO KILL ANYONE, JUST CHOP THEIR BALLS OFF! :smile:
Reply 75
mr-tom
This is the problem, it's impossible to talk about eugenics without accusing 'eugenicists' of being nazi's. I DON'T WANT TO KILL ANYONE, JUST CHOP THEIR BALLS OFF! :smile:

Thats becasue the nature of Eugenics is eliminating the weak from society. Wether it be those plagued with heriditory diseases or darker skin it completly depends on the persons opinion, and seeing how it would be more than one person working in such projects eventually you would get a Nazi with messed up opinions.
Reply 76
Thats becasue the nature of Eugenics is eliminating the weak from society. Wether it be those plagued with heriditory diseases or darker skin it completly depends on the persons opinion, and seeing how it would be more than one person working in such projects eventually you would get a Nazi with messed up opinions.

How is having darker skin a weakness? Stop plaguing this thread you're clearly an idiot.

EDIT: I may have misinterpreted that, were you trying to say that some may see having darker skin as being a weakness? We have science now! Nobody can justify that claim.
I don't think he implied that he thought it was a weakness.
Reply 78
mr-tom
How is having darker skin a weakness? Stop plaguing this thread you're clearly an idiot.

Care to read after that word, specifically the "depends on the persons opinion" part?

And just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them an idiot. Which is the reason why people do not want eugenics to be taken up. They may have scientists with attitudes like yours "your wrong so stfu" creating new generations....

Edit: And just to make it blatently obvious, no I do not think having darker skin is a weakness at all
Reply 79
And just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them an idiot. Which is the reason why people do not want eugenics to be taken up. They may have scientists with attitudes like yours "your wrong so stfu" creating new generations....

The reason people don't want eugenics to be taken up is because people will say scary words like hitler, freedom and god to argue against it. It's impossible to debate against somebody using those words.

Also I think there would be alternative ways to measure somebody's genetic intelligence than finding what their posts on internet forums contain.

Latest

Trending

Trending