The Student Room Group

OCR A A-Level Biology Biological Diversity [16th June 2023] Exam Chat

Poll

How do you feel the exam went?

OCR A A-Level Biology Biological Diversity | 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 16th June 2023 AM
Length: 2h15m

Link to Study Group:
A-Level Biology Study Group 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

What’s everyone aiming for? I’m aiming for an A/A*
Feeling kind of worried for this paper as module’s 4 and 6 aren’t my best
Reply 2
same here - aiming for all A*s!!
I'm aiming for at least a B - I struggle with this paper more than the first paper

Any advice for Evaluation questions + methods questions?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by JA03
I'm aiming for at least a B - I struggle with this paper more than the first paper

I’m not sure what you mean by methods but for evaluation questions consider both sides of the statement/ whatever they ask
Original post by JA03

yes as said below you must consider both sides of the questions for evaluation questions - if you don't there is only a certain level/band that you can reach
Original post by Neymarswho1730
I’m not sure what you mean by methods but for evaluation questions consider both sides of the statement/ whatever they ask

For methods my teacher mentioned something about variables, validity, statistical test, something like that but still unsure.
Original post by JA03
For methods my teacher mentioned something about variables, validity, statistical test, something like that but still unsure.

yes all of that is very important as you will definitely get tested on variables and there will be at least one statistical test in each paper
Reply 8
i cant learn the case studies ugh i hate biology
Reply 9
Original post by JA03

OCR A A-Level Biology Biological Diversity | 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 16th June 2023 AM
Length: 2h15m

Link to Study Group:
A-Level Biology Study Group 2022-2023

is there one for paper 1 with any predictions ?
Original post by $of1a
is there one for paper 1 with any predictions ?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7335545
Paper 1 Biological Processes. People have already started posting in the thread, I'm oblivious as I don't check it.
Reply 11
Original post by Neymarswho1730
What’s everyone aiming for? I’m aiming for an A/A*
Feeling kind of worried for this paper as module’s 4 and 6 aren’t my best

i'm also very worried! pmt has some good questions for topic 6 though
does anyone know what topics may come up on paper 2
do you think we will need to know the case studies like the Terai region or how pyrosequencing works?
Original post by abcdefg123455
do you think we will need to know the case studies like the Terai region or how pyrosequencing works?

yes you will need to know the case studies
Original post by lol2468
yes you will need to know the case studies

I checked the spec and it didn’t mention anything about pyrosequencing or the Terai region.
Reply 16
Original post by JA03
I checked the spec and it didn’t mention anything about pyrosequencing or the Terai region.

Did you check the right spec (H420)? Because on the right side (the additional guidance) it mentions case studies that you need to know: Terai Region, Masai Mara, Galapagos Islands, Antarctica, Snowdonia National Park and the Lake District
I don't know about pyrosequencing. It just says DNA sequencing and Gene sequencing in the spec
Original post by DS13990609
Did you check the right spec (H420)? Because on the right side (the additional guidance) it mentions case studies that you need to know: Terai Region, Masai Mara, Galapagos Islands, Antarctica, Snowdonia National Park and the Lake District
I don't know about pyrosequencing. It just says DNA sequencing and Gene sequencing in the spec

I forgot. I thought it was just Lake District, Snowdonia, Masaai Mara, Antarctica and the Galapagos. I’m screwed.
There is no mention of pyrosequencing but you have to know the case studies mentioned in the specification (specification point 6.3.2e)
Reply 19
If they were gonna ask about covid measures in a 6 marker or 4 idk was just thinking, what would you guys talk about? do pcr and the DNA stuff have something to do with it in terms of the swabbing and perhaps bioinformatics ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending