The Student Room Group
In about 15 hours or so, some keys will be affected.
Reply 2
Toy Soldier
...yet it still seems to work perfectly well. I'm starting to think that the "get water on your keyboard and the computer blows up" scene of movie fame is a complete myth. I wonder if the monitor is the same.

Hah, in fact I bet Computers work perfectly well underwater. Someone should test this theory.

try throwing juice on your cpu or mother board :biggrin:
see if it works then :tongue:

and u should see all the crap under my keys...............
Reply 3
My bf spilt rose wine on his laptop (his fault for putting the laptop on the floor, I put the glass on the shelf and he knocked it :biggrin:) and it got all sticky and got under the actual tray below the things that respond to the keys. Basically you couldn't start it without it making connectiont o any old keys and we had to have it taken away and replaced.
HaggenDaZ

Possibly. I spill all kinds of crap on my (cheap) keyboard, and it's never been affected at all.
Reply 5
HaggenDaZ

Ahh well it's OK... I have about a million keyboards. Pity though - all of them are white or cream and get covered in my hand mank after a while. This one is black. Oh how I will miss thee, mankproof keyboard.
Reply 6
Oh well I spilt coke on mine at work once!! lol!! Killed it completely!!
Reply 7
Toy Soldier
Ahh well it's OK... I have about a million keyboards. Pity though - all of them are white or cream and get covered in my hand mank after a while. This one is black. Oh how I will miss thee, mankproof keyboard.

Perhaps wash your hands more often? That'll keep a beige keyboard mankless :cool:
Reply 8
Toy Soldier
...yet it still seems to work perfectly well. I'm starting to think that the "get water on your keyboard and the computer blows up" scene of movie fame is a complete myth. I wonder if the monitor is the same.

Hah, in fact I bet Computers work perfectly well underwater. Someone should test this theory.

If you take a keyboard apart, normally there is a rubber mat going across the entire keyboard which the keys press down on, which insulates the actual electrical contacts from spillage. Some keyboards are different though.
blissy
My bf spilt rose wine on his laptop (his fault for putting the laptop on the floor, I put the glass on the shelf and he knocked it :biggrin:) and it got all sticky and got under the actual tray below the things that respond to the keys. Basically you couldn't start it without it making connectiont o any old keys and we had to have it taken away and replaced.

haha my ex-bf spilt beer all over his laptop, and had to get it replaced as well. Guess that goes to show that alcohol and computers don't mix.
Reply 10
Damn, I had two pints just now...
Dr_Death
Damn, I had two pints just now...

haha, well as long as you keep it away from the keyboard, you should be fine.
Reply 12
I spilt a glass of wine over a brand new laptop...

New CPU, motherboard, hard drive and keyboard and 10 months being fixed..

my dad wasn't impressed because he had only just bought the laptop and it cost him about £800 to repair (the laptop cost £2000 to start with... oops!)

lesson learned: keep all liquids away from computers! i've stuck to that rule ever since then
Reply 13
Toy Soldier

What the hell is Jesus Juice?
Reply 14
Mad Caddie
What the hell is Jesus Juice?

I was just thinking that!
Reply 15
juno_the
I was just thinking that!

I'm inclined to think its "cum", but that's just me. :redface:
Reply 16
Lol!

I suppose it could be...