The Student Room Group

Shall i wait for iphone 12?

Hi all
I currently have an iphone 7 (which is slowing down now) and wondering if i should buy iphone 11 pro max 256gb for £700 or wait for iphone 12.
Reply 1
personally i would wait for the 12, as it is likely to have 5G which will be rolling out in the next year or two
Reply 2
Apple have recently announced the New Iphone SE 2 its got the same chip as the new iphones and cameras and only costs $399 it will probarly be cheaper here. Consider that
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all
I currently have an iphone 7 (which is slowing down now) and wondering if i should buy iphone 11 pro max 256gb for £700 or wait for iphone 12.

The iPhone 11 isn't even 5G, mate. At the rate you're replacing them, you don't want to be stuck with an expensive handset which is already obsolete. I'd wait for the 12.
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
The iPhone 11 isn't even 5G, mate. At the rate you're replacing them, you don't want to be stuck with an expensive handset which is already obsolete. I'd wait for the 12.

Thanks mate but what advantage will 5G give me? The thing is the iPhone pro max deal im looking at is £700 (its for £1400 at apple) which is what's tempting me to buy it and I cant really justify spending >£1000 for a phone.
Thanks mate but what advantage will 5G give me? The thing is the iPhone pro max deal im looking at is £700 (its for £1400 at apple) which is what's tempting me to buy it and I cant really justify spending >£1000 for a phone.

5G will make 4G look like dial-up. It's the future. I understand that the 11 is currently 'half-price', but it's still £700 for an obsolete handset. That doesn't make it 'good value'.

The way Apple does things, iPhone 12 is likely to be a much bigger step up than the X/XS/11, would definitely wait
Reply 7
Hi all

Hi, I am just like you. I have a 7 plus and wondering if I should get the iphone 11 pro max 256 variant or just wait n go for an iphone 12. However, where are u getting the pro max 256 variant for 700?!? On the apple site it says it's available for £1299!

In any case, there is a good chance that to make up for lost sales due to COVID-19, Apple may increase prices for iphone 12 models. This means that there could be more sales of iphone 11 / pro / pro max and previous models! So it may make more sense to go in for 11 pro max afterall!
Reply 8
Original post by Ammar_
Apple have recently announced the New Iphone SE 2 its got the same chip as the new iphones and cameras and only costs $399 it will probarly be cheaper here. Consider that

It certainly doesn't have the same cameras. It also has a smaller screen and uses TouchID rather than FaceID but other than that, there aren't too many differences that would affect many people on a day-to-day basis. It's also £419 (approx. $523) here which is obviously far cheaper than the 11 Pro but just shows how Apple's pricing is getting higher and more unequal across the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending