The Student Room Group

iPhone and MacBook

Hiya! I have an iPhone 12 Pro and would like to transfer all of my photos and videos onto my MacBook Air 2020, so that I can put them on a hardrive. Does anybody know what cable I need to be able to transfer them onto my MacBook? I don't have the same Apple ID for both my phone and MacBook. I think it's a a USB C to USB C adaptor? Thank you
Reply 1
AirDrop is also an option. My personal advice here: clear up your storage before transferring data.
Permanently delete photos, videos and other files which you don't need anymore. In case the storage is still full, read this article https://applenapps.com/deleted-photos-but-storage-still-full-iphone/ and fix the issues with it.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by laurajackson0901
Hiya! I have an iPhone 12 Pro and would like to transfer all of my photos and videos onto my MacBook Air 2020, so that I can put them on a hardrive. Does anybody know what cable I need to be able to transfer them onto my MacBook? I don't have the same Apple ID for both my phone and MacBook. I think it's a a USB C to USB C adaptor? Thank you

You can use the charging cable as others have said, but if this is your own MacBook, it would be a good idea to create a separate user profile where you can log-in using the same apple id, that way photos are automatically uploaded to iCloud in future (as long as you have that selected in iPhone settings), this also allows you to back-up your phone on a regular basis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending