The Student Room Group

Best uni for athletics?

Whats the best uni for athletics??
Original post by Gracieg123

Loughborough or Bath I would have thought?
Well for sport and top class facilities, it would have to be in my opinion Loughborough.
Reply 3
Yeah thats what i was thinking. But i dont have the grades sadly! Anywhere a bit easier to get into?
Does anyone know about Leeds Beckett or Cardiff met?

Hi @Gracieg123,

We have a really strong and competitive athletics programme here at Loughborough, but I understand you have concerns regarding the entry requirements for our courses.

You can have a look at the BUCS standings from the events that were able to go ahead this year and also previous events, this may help you get an idea as to which universities are successful in athletics. This year Loughborough, Sheffield Hallam, Cardiff Met, Brunel and Birmingham all did notably well at the athletics competitions, but again the BUCS website may be able to provide more information around this that is discipline specific.

I hope this helps and any further questions drop us a PM.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:
In 2018/19 by BUCS points specifically at athletics:
1) Loughborough
2) Brunel
3) Birmingham
4) Cardiff met
5) St Marys
Overall (all BUCS scoring sports):
1) Loughborough
2) Nottingham
3) Durham
4) Edinburgh
5) Exeter

Its worth noting every year changes can happen but looking at non-Loughborough: Brunel, Cardiff Met & Uni of East London seem to have a strong track record of being a top athletics program.
https://bucscore.bucs.org.uk/bucspoints.aspx?
You can look at this and filter to athletics and go through each year
What level of athletics do you do right now?
Reply 7
Thanks for all your help!
Reply 8
Original post by Ensoetre
What level of athletics do you do right now?

I am obsessed with athletics. But myself have suffered a lot of injuries and some health issues which have prevented me from ever having good consistent training. I am looking for a university that will provide me with a good opportunity to excel in athletics - with good coaching, teams,etc (aswell as obviously academics!)
I am obsessed with athletics. But myself have suffered a lot of injuries and some health issues which have prevented me from ever having good consistent training. I am looking for a university that will provide me with a good opportunity to excel in athletics - with good coaching, teams,etc (aswell as obviously academics!)

You should focus on which Unis are best for your course then out of those select the one which is best for athletics. Also you can do athletics outside of university if you’re going to a big city and join a club

Quick Reply

Latest