The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Weston Hall - The University of Manchester Accommodation

Guys I’ve gotten into Weston Hall and I’m v upset about it so I need honest opinions, how bad is it really?
I’ve read so many bad reviews online and I really am debating whether or not to go!
What’s the social life like? Are the rooms nice? Is the price worth it?

Help appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by chiara31
Guys I’ve gotten into Weston Hall and I’m v upset about it so I need honest opinions, how bad is it really?
I’ve read so many bad reviews online and I really am debating whether or not to go!
What’s the social life like? Are the rooms nice? Is the price worth it?
I
Help appreciated!

I also got Weston Hall but I dunno what to do
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Minamm
I also got Weston Hall but I dunno what to do

I rejected it and went private! I’m moving from 4 hours away from Manchester meaning I have a lot of stuff to bring and they put me on the fourth floor And Weston hall doesn’t even have elevators. On top of that they have no WiFi which is useless because the first semester will be mostly online🥴
Reply 3
I'm moving from Italy! and they put me on the third floor! I'll see what I can do about it :/

I rejected it and went private! I’m moving from 4 hours away from Manchester meaning I have a lot of stuff to bring and they put me on the fourth floor And Weston hall doesn’t even have elevators. On top of that they have no WiFi which is useless because the first semester will be mostly online🥴

What private accommodation are you going for
Reply 5
Original post by Benny123gc
What private accommodation are you going for

Parkview !
Reply 6
Original post by Minamm
I'm moving from Italy! and they put me on the third floor! I'll see what I can do about it :/

Best of luck to you! Hope it goes well
I just received Weston Hall too! Even though there is no wifi, there’s an ethernet cable you can hook up and you’ll have internet access from there :smile: Some of the flats are refurbished, not sure which ones but they do look very nice! I’m in red core if anyone else is too.
Original post by DanieleDara
I just received Weston Hall too! Even though there is no wifi, there’s an ethernet cable you can hook up and you’ll have internet access from there :smile: Some of the flats are refurbished, not sure which ones but they do look very nice! I’m in red core if anyone else is too.

I'm in red core too
Reply 9
I'm in red core too but I'm stressed about being the only girl in the flat, the lack of wifi, and the "rats" in the kitchen?? Idk if I can find some good private in time though so I'll probably be moving in on the 17th 😬

I'm in red core!

red core here ✋🏽
Original post by Sam_001
I'm in red core too but I'm stressed about being the only girl in the flat, the lack of wifi, and the "rats" in the kitchen?? Idk if I can find some good private in time though so I'll probably be moving in on the 17th 😬

RATS???!
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
RATS???!

Idk I read reviews on Student Crowd
But having said that most student halls probably have them, especially if it's the city centre, but the staff should get rid of them?
Tbh, I'm sure they are exaggerations. Like Weston Hall is very old in comparison to the other options but it's not the end of the world. I've heard some reviews claiming, albeit being outdated, it's pretty aight. Dunno though, perhaps I'm just trying to reassure myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending