The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Accommodation Thread 2024/25

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Accommodation Thread for 2024!

Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow offer holders, meet other people staying in your accommodation, and ask any questions you want regarding Manchester Metropolitan University accommodation.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course have you applied for?”
“Have you booked accommodation yet? If so, what accommodation have you booked?"
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Hi my daughter is interested in booking Oxford Court or Briarfield for this September. It was not showing as available on the portal, is it all booked up or is there more availability to come?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Hello. I am asking for recommendation for Female only en-suite flats. I wish to stay in a quite place. I prefer to stay in the MMU halls if this choice exists before looking at the other private partners outside. I will be doing Art courses if this helps. Thanks in-advance.
My son looking at Cavendish anyone know the main difference between plus and standard rooms? Is it worth it?
Thanks
Original post by gingernut482
Hi my daughter is interested in booking Oxford Court or Briarfield for this September. It was not showing as available on the portal, is it all booked up or is there more availability to come?

If it's unavailable on the portal then it's likely that it's booked up, I'm afraid. That being said, you can contact the Accommodation team on [email protected] to check with them directly 🙂 - Chloe
Original post by Anonymous
My son looking at Cavendish anyone know the main difference between plus and standard rooms? Is it worth it?
Thanks

Hi! The only difference really is that the Plus rooms are bigger. All other features (bed size, flat size, etc.) are the same🙂 - Chloe
Original post by Anonymous
Hello. I am asking for recommendation for Female only en-suite flats. I wish to stay in a quite place. I prefer to stay in the MMU halls if this choice exists before looking at the other private partners outside. I will be doing Art courses if this helps. Thanks in-advance.

Hi! You can filter your search for female-only flats when booking on the accommodation portal 🙂 - Chloe
Hi

Does anyone have link to the portal? And can one book accommodation prior to accepting offer?
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by BoyGirlMom
Hi
Does anyone have link to the portal? And can one book accommodation prior to accepting offer?

Hello.
Here is the link.
https://mmu.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX/2177D781/1/1/Home-Home?UrlToken=DD98CADE
You will be allowed access to the portal & can book only if you have made MMU your firm choice.
Good luck.
Im joining in September and want to know which are the main lively/ party accommodations and which are the more relaxed ones?
Hi I’m deciding between Birley and Cambridge, which do you think is better and why? Is there a difference between the lifestyle in north&south or between townhouses&en suites too ?
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi there,
Welcome to the official Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Accommodation Thread for 2024!
Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow offer holders, meet other people staying in your accommodation, and ask any questions you want regarding Manchester Metropolitan University accommodation.
Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:
“What course have you applied for?”
“Have you booked accommodation yet? If so, what accommodation have you booked?"
“How are you feeling about starting University?”
Looking forward to hearing from you all!

hi!!!
is anyone in block F oxford court or studying filmmaking???
Original post by generallyjeanie
hi!!!
is anyone in block F oxford court or studying filmmaking???

Are Oxford Court applications already open? I can't find it on the list of available accommodation and when I emailed I was told no accommodations were fully booked yet
Original post by CadenDG
Are Oxford Court applications already open? I can't find it on the list of available accommodation and when I emailed I was told no accommodations were fully booked yet

I applied back in march so should all be open for you!
Reply 15
Original post by CadenDG

oxford court was fully book last i checked
Original post by eli5se
oxford court was fully book last i checked

Where can you check? I can only see birley townhouses and cambridge standard north on the portal
Original post by CadenDG
Where can you check? I can only see birley townhouses and cambridge standard north on the portal

Hi @CadenDG! Feel free to call the accommodation team on 0161 247 2958 to check any availability if you can't find it on the portal 🙂 - Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending