The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

manchester uni accom

What's the best accommodation for uom? I don't mind if it's not super social, I'm looking for somewhere that I'll feel comfortable and enjoy living (I'm a Muslim girl <3). I've seen a lot of posts protesting about the poor accom conditions atm and it would be good to know what places I should avoid.
Original post by aleen1
What's the best accommodation for uom? I don't mind if it's not super social, I'm looking for somewhere that I'll feel comfortable and enjoy living (I'm a Muslim girl <3). I've seen a lot of posts protesting about the poor accom conditions atm and it would be good to know what places I should avoid.

For Uom there are many differnt places for students to live: fallowfield, Victoria Park, Daisy Banks etc and a lot of people due to the shortage did go via private companies
Im currently in Unsworth in fallowfield and it is so so nice and very sociable. Fallowfield is definitely the most social area as this is where the majority of students are.
If you're not super into social areas I would recommend having a look at Whitworth park, they are 4 bed flats (meant for post grads but 1st years are in there atm). Its half-way between Fallowfield and University and is a really nice/calm place

I would stay away from Weston Hall, it is very close to the city so it is much harder to make friends in fallowfield/other accoms :smile:

I also know that there is a modest lifestyle accommodation where you can request all female flat, I believe its Uttely but I could be wrong! This is in fallow, so you get to live in the most soical area without your specific accommodation being too hectic/loud all the time

Hope this helps!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by WillowRose33!
For Uom there are many differnt places for students to live: fallowfield, Victoria Park, Daisy Banks etc and a lot of people due to the shortage did go via private companies
Im currently in Unsworth in fallowfield and it is so so nice and very sociable. Fallowfield is definitely the most social area as this is where the majority of students are.
If you're not super into social areas I would recommend having a look at Whitworth park, they are 4 bed flats (meant for post grads but 1st years are in there atm). Its half-way between Fallowfield and University and is a really nice/calm place

I would stay away from Weston Hall, it is very close to the city so it is much harder to make friends in fallowfield/other accoms :smile:

I also know that there is a modest lifestyle accommodation where you can request all female flat, I believe its Uttely but I could be wrong! This is in fallow, so you get to live in the most soical area without your specific accommodation being too hectic/loud all the time

Hope this helps!

Hi, yes this helps a lot, I'll look into the all-female flat a bit more that's exactly what I'm looking for. Also, if I don't manage to get my top accommodation choice, can I switch to private instead? I don't know if there will be a big difference in cost/ missing out on making friends - like am I missing out on the uni experience? (probably a dumb question lol)
Original post by aleen1

Hey,
I’ve got an accommodation at Victoria Point. It’s really nice but unfortunately due to health issues it’s unlikely that I will be moving to Manchester, so I need to find a new tenant. If you’re interested please reply :smile:
Hey, when are accommodations allocated to postgraduates who have an unconditional offer?
Reply 5
Original post by aleen1

Hey, I am in a similar situation as yours, what have you decided on if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 6
Original post by yumnum444
Hey, I am in a similar situation as yours, what have you decided on if you don't mind me asking?

Hey me too, have you applied for accommodations yet? All the private accoms are selling out :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by aleen1

Hey! I'm a Muslim girl planning on going to UoM in September InshaAllah. I applied mainly for Victoria Park accom, and then emailed the accom people to request a single sex flat. It's not guaranteed, but ik someone who's there now who told me most people get it if the request it, and it tends to be mainly muslims anyway, so you don't need to worry about alcohol etc. Def stay away from fallowfield if you're muslim lol

What are you planing on studying?
Reply 8
Original post by fizzzzzzzz
Hey! I'm a Muslim girl planning on going to UoM in September InshaAllah. I applied mainly for Victoria Park accom, and then emailed the accom people to request a single sex flat. It's not guaranteed, but ik someone who's there now who told me most people get it if the request it, and it tends to be mainly muslims anyway, so you don't need to worry about alcohol etc. Def stay away from fallowfield if you're muslim lol

What are you planing on studying?

Hi, I applied to mostly Victoria Park accommodations as well but I'm not sure how to apply for female only, how did you do that I think I missed it while I was applying. Did you email the accommodation building or the UoM accommodation email?
Reply 9
Original post by MiriGyu
Hi, I applied to mostly Victoria Park accommodations as well but I'm not sure how to apply for female only, how did you do that I think I missed it while I was applying. Did you email the accommodation building or the UoM accommodation email?

You just have to email them after you've applied! [email protected] is the email address :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by fizzzzzzzz
You just have to email them after you've applied! [email protected] is the email address :smile:

I emailed accom and haven’t applied to any places yet, however they only referred to uttley house when talking about ‘single sex gender en-suites’ like you share corridor with the girls however you would have to share kitchen with people of the opposite gender which seems just as bad omg.

Can you lot list what accoms you applied for? And possibly how to ensure your put with girls I’m so nervous😭.
Reply 11
Original post by aleen1
I emailed accom and haven’t applied to any places yet, however they only referred to uttley house when talking about ‘single sex gender en-suites’ like you share corridor with the girls however you would have to share kitchen with people of the opposite gender which seems just as bad omg.

Can you lot list what accoms you applied for? And possibly how to ensure your put with girls I’m so nervous😭.

Ohh, idk about that - i think most accom have between 3 and 8 to one kitchen, and if you get single sex it's just girls - i think uttley is an exception but not too sure.

I applied to Daisy Bank, Rusholme place, Brook Hall, Denmark road, and Burkhardt house. You can't ensure you end up with girls, but they do try to make sure you do! And because we'll all be applying to similar accom, I think it's fairly likely we'll get it. Honestly I wouldn't stress about it - worst comes to worst, and you don't get it, i'm sure there'll be plenty of muslim girls looking to go into private accom together anyway.

What are you hoping to study?
Reply 12
Original post by WillowRose33!

Hope this helps!

What are the chances of getting a spot in fallowfield if you apply there?
I am a female post graduate and I have received an accommodation at Daisy Bank(en-suite). I am interested in a city campus accommodation, preferably Denmark Road or George Kenyon. If anyone is willing for a swap please let me know. Thanks!
hey im looking for a replacement tenant for my uni accomm in Manchester. The accomms amazing but my dad got sick recently so im not moving for uni anymore.
the price is £393 per week so a little pricy but its an apartment you dont have to share a bathroom or kitchen with anyone and utilities and washing is all included in the rent. its also in the city centre so unis and food places and shopping places are all close by. let me know if you'd be interested in it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending