The Student Room Group

Airbus degree apprenticeship 2023

I am intending to apply to the airbus aerospace engineering degree apprenticeship at stevenage, anyone else applied or been accepted/ rejected in the past? How likely am I to be interviewed, and how are the aptitude tests/ what are the interviews like? Will I need Security clearance?

Scroll to see replies

I've submitted an application for Cyber Security 2 and a half weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back yet.
Reply 2
Son applied for aerospace engineering at Bristol in December. Has been invited to a virtual assessment in a couple of weeks. Hope you have heard back too.
Original post by Wolf52
Son applied for aerospace engineering at Bristol in December. Has been invited to a virtual assessment in a couple of weeks. Hope you have heard back too.

Was it for airbus? I applied last week. Haven't had any response yet apart from them asking for security clearance.
Reply 4
Original post by FuturePilot05
Was it for airbus? I applied last week. Haven't had any response yet apart from them asking for security clearance.

Hi yes it's for Airbus in Bristol.
Original post by Wolf52
Hi yes it's for Airbus in Bristol.

Has anyone heard back after the virtual assessment centre yet please?
Original post by HannahClat
Has anyone heard back after the virtual assessment centre yet please?

Nope not at all, they said 2 weeks, well the apprentices said, but 2 weeks have already elapsed. Give some time
Original post by Sadman123
Nope not at all, they said 2 weeks, well the apprentices said, but 2 weeks have already elapsed. Give some time

Thanks. Have you been asked to fill out a survey about the assessment centre experience and saying thank you for taking part? I'm not sure if that is bad news!
Reply 8
Thanks. Have you been asked to fill out a survey about the assessment centre experience and saying thank you for taking part? I'm not sure if that is bad news!

I applied for the "Junior Software Engineer - Simulation and Modelling Degree Apprenticeship". I did an assessment centre on the 1st March, and got an email with an offer 2 days later on the 3rd. They gave me only 2 working days to reply to the offer, and I assume this is for the same reason you haven't been sent a reply yet. They are waiting for them to confirm their place, and they might give it to someone else if they deny.
Thanks, that's very helpful. Congratulations on your offer.
Waiting to hear about mechanical engineering but assessment centre was 2 weeks ago today so not sounding too promising.
congrats @4vi_st on you offer!
Has anyone got an offer digital & technology solutions by any chance?
Reply 11
Original post by cloud001
congrats @4vi_st on you offer!
Has anyone got an offer digital & technology solutions by any chance?

Thank you!
The position I applied for is called "Junior Software Engineer - Simulation and Modelling Degree Apprenticeship" but the degree that it comes with is in digital and technology solutions, if that's what you mean?
Original post by 4vi_st
Thank you!
The position I applied for is called "Junior Software Engineer - Simulation and Modelling Degree Apprenticeship" but the degree that it comes with is in digital and technology solutions, if that's what you mean?

The degree that comes with the one I applied is Applied Data Science. I think its different but its called Digital & Technology Solutions apprenticeship. A bit confusing lol.
Well done, which location did you apply for? @4vi_st
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 14
Original post by cloud001
The degree that comes with the one I applied is Applied Data Science. I think its different but its called Digital & Technology Solutions apprenticeship. A bit confusing lol.

Oh I see. I think a bunch of tech related stuff gets put on the Digital & Technology Solutions degree because it's efficient for unis instead of having loads of niche apprenticeship courses.
Reply 15
Original post by Joebidenfinatic
Well done, which location did you apply for? @4vi_st

I applied for Stevenage.
Reply 16
Original post by 4vi_st
I applied for Stevenage.

I'm currently at Stevenage doing software engineering, if you wanna add me my discord is dannn#1768, or PM me your phone number for whatsapp
Hi guys anyone else heard back from Airbus?

Yeah, it was shambles tho, hence why they sent such a form for our experience and input
I did the assessment centre for Airbus on 20th Feb for the Aerospace Degree Apprenticeship. Got told this week that they'll give us feedback this week if they haven't already so waiting patiently! If you haven't got a date yet for your assessment center, they said that there'd be another one on April so you could be on that one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending