The Student Room Group

[Official] Oxford Archaeology and Anthropology Applicants 2021

Scroll to see replies

I've literally just got an email from Hertford with details of a second interview which is on the Tuesday - they are alive!! hahaha. Best of luck everyone <33
Reply 61
Original post by Lissy__03
I've literally just got an email from Hertford with details of a second interview which is on the Tuesday - they are alive!! hahaha. Best of luck everyone <33

Ahahah panic over for me to, I got an email from Hertford (finally!) about my first interview, so I have the reverse of you!

Good Luck everyone xxx
Original post by EvieR02
Ahahah panic over for me to, I got an email from Hertford (finally!) about my first interview, so I have the reverse of you!

Good Luck everyone xxx

amazing. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly xxx
I know they stress not to worry about what to wear - but what are people wearing HAHAHA
Reply 64
Now Hertford has come through. With 2 panels from St Hughes - All 3 on the 14th and there’s a time clash!!!
Reply 65
I know they stress not to worry about what to wear - but what are people wearing HAHAHA

AHAHA i was literally just stressing about this. A few of my friends have had interviews this week and most have worn like smart casual stuff like a turtle neck and blazer, shirt and jeans etc they said on the website don’t worry about what you wear but I still will 😭

And I’m sure you’ll do great too!! Xx
Reply 66
Original post by SamZam
Now Hertford has come through. With 2 panels from St Hughes - All 3 on the 14th and there’s a time clash!!!

Wait what do you mean? The email I got from Hertford said first interview is always on the 14th and the second on 15th which is what mines like??
Original post by EvieR02
Wait what do you mean? The email I got from Hertford said first interview is always on the 14th and the second on 15th which is what mines like??

i guess it's all a bit whack this year coz of covid hahaha. wouldn't worry too much @ OP but defo get that clash sorted out! lol
Reply 68

What I normally wear: shirt and waistcoat. Probably the good waistcoat (which in this case means the black one that actually fits me well instead of just hanging off of my frame)

... I'm going to look like I tried dressing smart for the interview, aren't I?
Reply 69
i guess it's all a bit whack this year coz of covid hahaha. wouldn't worry too much @ OP but defo get that clash sorted out! lol

They all seem to be on the 14th. Will write today to try and sort out.
Original post by EJS2003
What I normally wear: shirt and waistcoat. Probably the good waistcoat (which in this case means the black one that actually fits me well instead of just hanging off of my frame)

... I'm going to look like I tried dressing smart for the interview, aren't I?

it’s entirely possible :wink: I think I’m going to go for a jumper with a blouse underneath for one, then maybe a turtleneck for the second. I just need to find an outfit i won’t fidget around in hahahah
just wanted to come on here before i forget & say good luck to everyone!!! rooting for ya all <3
Reply 72
just wanted to come on here before i forget & say good luck to everyone!!! rooting for ya all <3

Thank you, Good Luck everyone <3

I’m so nervous but excited just to give it my best shot! When’s ur first interview ??
Original post by EvieR02
Thank you, Good Luck everyone <3

I’m so nervous but excited just to give it my best shot! When’s ur first interview ??

3.30 tomorrow with St. peter’s, bricking it hahahah
Reply 74
3.30 tomorrow with St. peter’s, bricking it hahahah

Haha mine is 3 at Hertford !
And honestly same, I’ve got to the point where i feel like I’ve read so much but can remember half of it, hoping it will come out when a question prompts me 😭

I’m nervous for the picture/object thing but I’m kind hoping most of the questions are stuff I haven’t prepared for so I won’t have to worry about remembering what I’ve read

you too !!! :smile:
Original post by EvieR02
Haha mine is 3 at Hertford !
And honestly same, I’ve got to the point where i feel like I’ve read so much but can remember half of it, hoping it will come out when a question prompts me 😭

I’m nervous for the picture/object thing but I’m kind hoping most of the questions are stuff I haven’t prepared for so I won’t have to worry about remembering what I’ve read

yeah same the artefact thing might be hard - but it will have to be accessible to all of us as there's no prior knowledge expected!! I'm sure we'll be fine hehe. let me know how it goes xx

also ps I think I found you on tik tok through some girl who does A&A in the year above us LOL my name is skinnycurtain I think i requested you
Reply 77
yeah same the artefact thing might be hard - but it will have to be accessible to all of us as there's no prior knowledge expected!! I'm sure we'll be fine hehe. let me know how it goes xx

also ps I think I found you on tik tok through some girl who does A&A in the year above us LOL my name is skinnycurtain I think i requested you

Omgg ahah i was wondering who had requested me cos I’ve only gone private cos of interviews / uni applications lol I’ll accept u !!

And yeah exactly i keep using the fact they expect no prior knowledge to reassure myself that it will be alright 😭

And let me know about urs too !xx
just had mine at peter’s, think it went pretty ok overall!! a couple of things I wasn’t sure on but i got a few approving nods so taking that as a positive hahahah. good luck for everyone’s next one u’ll all smash it xxx
Reply 79
just had mine at peter’s, think it went pretty ok overall!! a couple of things I wasn’t sure on but i got a few approving nods so taking that as a positive hahahah. good luck for everyone’s next one u’ll all smash it xxx

Ahah well done!!
I had mine earlier, and I think I’m happy i guess its down to fate now.
I made one of them smile right at the end so I’m taking that as a win 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending