The Student Room Group

Is it possible to write a personal statement for these courses?

1) HSPS at Cambridge or Archaeology and Anthropology at Oxford
2) Law & Anthropology at LSE
3) Law & Social Anthropology at Edinburgh
4) Law & Social Anthropology at Kent
5) Law & Social Anthropology at SOAS
Reply 1
Original post by funny-liquid
i applied to four pretty different degrees using the same personal statement, so definitely yes. feel free to message if you need any help x

yes please I plan to apply to education at Cambridge but politics / international relations everywhere else how would I go about doing that ?
Original post by nevey666
yes please I plan to apply to education at Cambridge but politics / international relations everywhere else how would I go about doing that ?

Just follow the guidance on this page:

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/how/cambridge-application
also for those of you in this thread, are you applying for 2024 or 2025 entry?
also for those of you in this thread, are you applying for 2024 or 2025 entry?

wait ignore me it must be 2025 lol
wait ignore me it must be 2025 lol

:rofl:
Original post by kwakraon
1) HSPS at Cambridge or Archaeology and Anthropology at Oxford
2) Law & Anthropology at LSE
3) Law & Social Anthropology at Edinburgh
4) Law & Social Anthropology at Kent
5) Law & Social Anthropology at SOAS

HSPS with the others would be fairly straightforward even without using the additional statement from the SAQ at Cambridge. You can just write about legal anthropology and intersections between anthropological issues and legislation, policy, existing law etc.

Arch and anth I think would be harder to write about the archaeology side while remaining relevant to the others (particularly LSE would raise an eyebrow I think...).
tsr clearly doesn’t want me sending private messages i just didn’t want to clog up this chat with a really long message, it’s complicated to explain lol.

i ended up writing two for my application anyway, a substitute one for durham, which i believe can only really be done for durham and cambridge.

but the four degrees i applied to other than durham definitely weren’t entirely the same, and i was told i could’ve used the same for both had i wanted to, i just chose not to risk not having sufficient anthropology in my durham one.

my main advice would be to look at individual modules that have some crossover between courses. that way you don’t have to write about your passion for that specific course, but rather your passion for modules that you would be able to take on your range of different courses.

for example, i was able to link social justice, crime and power modules to my work experience in a law firm, and cultural anthropology modules to my time on a german exchange.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending