The Student Room Group

Little Women (2019) starring Emma Watson

Imdb page: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3281548/

Little Women starring Saoirse Ronan and Emma Watson. Yes, Emma Watson is a supporting character, just like how she was supportive in the Harry Potter films. Little Women is a movie about teenage girls entering adulthood. Set in the 18th Century America, it focuses on Saoirse's character Jo March, who is an inspiring novel writer, as she gets along with her three sisters, one of them, played by Emma Watson, who get along and faces the challenges of being young women, since the movie title "Little Women". The movie was inspired by the novel of the same name (like Harry Potter, as they were novels). Anyone go and watch?
I saw it when it came out in February. Enjoyed it, thought Emma Watson and Louis Garrel were the best two people in it. Only went because Greta Gerwig was the director, and have enjoyed her previous works.
i saw it in january! really enjoyed the film (i think i liked lady bird more though) and i'm looking forward to greta's next films.
Original post by absolutelysprout
i saw it in january! really enjoyed the film (i think i liked lady bird more though) and i'm looking forward to greta's next films.

I think I enjoyed Lady Bird more as well. I liked the response to 'what is your given name?'.
Original post by barnetlad
I think I enjoyed Lady Bird more as well. I liked the response to 'what is your given name?'.

she was a fiercely independent woman, her response was great :lol:
Reply 5
Yes, I like the other characters. I thought the scene where her father returns home was moving, extremely moving.

I'm not sure how many still follow Emma Watson in films since Harry Potter. She has an interesting roles in films for almost two decades, to the point where she wants to just get back in films to be in a groupie again like she did in Harry Potter. Not that I'm encouraging catch up or anything. I would say it is nice that the other actresses make the movie what it is. I also think the setting of the film is fitting since the American Country setting is popular now a days. I saw it recently. Last month.
I preferred the BBC Little Women tbh
Reply 7
Original post by yellowbuttercup
I preferred the BBC Little Women tbh

Oh, that's okay! I'm sure the actresses in this 2019 film don't intend to get in the way of the previous film adaptions of the novel itself. I welcome comments on the other adaptions, too, if not the main novel.

Quick Reply

Latest