The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Industrial project

So for the 4th year of my Meng degree all students have to complete an Individual Research Project or Industrial Project. This usually lasts 6 months and can be done within the university or with a private company. You also have the option of spending a year or more in industry if 6 months is not an option. I will probably be offered a place to work at a lab to start next month, and I'm thinking I may be able to do it as part of my degree industrial project. My question is, Does the industrial project have to be centered on a specific topic, or can it be more like a year in industry or placement? If I can't do it as part of the Meng it might be worth it to drop out to graduarte with just a bachelors, but I don't know.
Usually the project will be a specific thing you work on and write up as a dissertation. It's not typically just "I spent 6 months working generally", and even industrial experience/placement modules where that is the crux of what happens will require some reflective log or essay written during/after the placement (and may also require you to present on your experiences orally or through a poster conference or similar). I'd recommend checking with your director of studies/the module coordinator for the industrial project module to see what is expected from it.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending