The Student Room Group

Electronic/Electrical Engineering supercurriculars.

I am at the end of year 12, and I need some ideas for super curricular activities I can do to enhance my personal statement. e.g. examples of books, podcasts?
Reply 1
Original post by Shano o
I am at the end of year 12, and I need some ideas for super curricular activities I can do to enhance my personal statement. e.g. examples of books, podcasts?

There’s this organisation called EDT which offer an ‘Industrial Cadets’ program. It’s basically just engineering projects which you can get awards for, and can work your way up to the highest award (platinum) from now until uni. I currently have the silver award. It’s pretty easy to get and would stand out on your application to any engineering course.
Reply 2
Thanks for the suggestion. How long do these programs take to complete and do they have to be done as a group?
Reply 3
Original post by Shano o
Thanks for the suggestion. How long do these programs take to complete and do they have to be done as a group?

I’m not sure to be honest. They have a website which can give you more information. Just type in ‘industrial cadets’. For my award, I did a weeks work experience with Mott MacDonald and they gave me an independent project which only lasted the week, which led to my silver award. I’m not sure if you’d have to do this during work experience or if you can sign up for an event but that’s how I came across it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending