The Student Room Group

Engineering management or Project Management?

I have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and right now I have an acceptance letter from Liverpool John Moores University for MSc Project Management program and Aston University for MSc Engineering Management program. With this information in mind, please guide me with which one I can find a job in the automotive industry more easily.

Is this even possible for a person with Civil Engineering background to look for a management position in automotive industry?
Original post by Mo.Naj
I have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and right now I have an acceptance letter from Liverpool John Moores University for MSc Project Management program and Aston University for MSc Engineering Management program. With this information in mind, please guide me with which one I can find a job in the automotive industry more easily.

Is this even possible for a person with Civil Engineering background to look for a management position in automotive industry?

Neither will qualify you for a “management position” in the automotive industry.

these degrees are for project/program management. I think you’d struggle to move into an automotive graduate scheme without a mechanical based degree, although you may find some entry level project management opportunities.

Quick Reply

Latest