The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Official University of Huddersfield 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XHannahR
I’m from Hudds and I can tell you that parking near the uni will be an issue..the one carpark that I can think of (that is quite near to the main university building) is being demolished

Thank you for getting back to me about this, such a shame the one decent car park is going. I visited York Uni and they had so many places all around campus. A little disappointing to hear but I’m guessing it’s because it is a town centre based Uni...
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by ElfStone
Thank you for getting back to me about this, such a shame the one decent car park is going. I visited York Uni and they had so many places all around campus. A little disappointing to hear but I’m guessing it’s because it is a town centre based Uni...

Ah no problem! There’s another car park which is slightly further in town which is a potential option but I’d say that would be quite expensive since each hour of parking is 90p! There are a few side streets, but you rarely find parking there because of the taxi bays and/or yellow lines! The uni itself is in town itself and the main accommodation isn’t far so I don’t think parking would be a problem since you could walk! The accommodation obviously has parking though ahah
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Huddersfield for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Anyone else applying to social work at Huds?

I'm not from the city and am super nervous of having no friends and being lost in huds alone lol!
Original post by Nla_
I’m doing Pharmacy, but I’m from Hudds and honestly it’s not that big everything is quite close to the university you will love it

Does you know what Law school at Huddersfield university is like?
Original post by kaitj23
This is a thread for students who are applying for Huddersfield for next academic year (so courses that start from September 2021). Basically as a place to chat about what people are taking, whether they are living in accommodation etc :smile:

What is the Law school like at this University?
Are the placements at Huddersfield university good, is it possible for a student here to be working at top firms in cities,for their placement.
Original post by Katepat6
I’m applying for Bsc (hons) Health and social care
And at the moment I take level 3 diploma health and social care and a level history 🙂

Same here ❤️
Original post by kaitj23
This is a thread for students who are applying for Huddersfield for next academic year (so courses that start from September 2021). Basically as a place to chat about what people are taking, whether they are living in accommodation etc :smile:

What will you be studying??
Original post by Tiasummer
What will you be studying??

Filmmaking. What about you?
Hi, anyone doing graphic design?
Original post by kaitj23
Filmmaking. What about you?[/QUOT
Occupational department practitioner
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a uni of Hudd graduate so if anyone has any questions am happy to answer (I don't know everything though obviously lol)

Hi! Right this sounds weird but on the reviewing sites, it’s like one group of students have brigaded it with really negative reviews and I just wanna see if their opinions are subjective. They said that there’s issues with sexism, racism, and bullying? But the other reviews are all really good so I’m pretty confused and idk whether the poor reviews are just one group of aggrieved students for some reason
Hi I wanted to see if anyone else has booked/is planning to book accommodation in snow island? Im going to be studying game development :smile:

I’m looking at snow island too :smile:
Hi anyone doing pharmacy? I want to make some friends 🙂
Original post by Nla_
Hi is anyone planning on doing pharmacy x

Mee 🙋🏾*♀️
Hi I wanted to see if anyone else has booked/is planning to book accommodation in snow island? Im going to be studying game development :smile:

I'm also doing game development, hi there! :smile: but not booking snow island
Do not apply to Huddersfield uni. No student support at all! Though-out Covid 19 it’s 95% self learning. I have 1 lesson a week for 30 mins. Appalling. I regretted ever going here.
Original post by Suzina23
Do not apply to Huddersfield uni. No student support at all! Though-out Covid 19 it’s 95% self learning. I have 1 lesson a week for 30 mins. Appalling. I regretted ever going here.

Welp too late now. Throughout my applications, anyway, they were really good to me and let me arrange a call to reassure me, therefore I’m okay with going here
I’m a final year student from the university of Huddersfield so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask I made a Snapchat called huddsuni
Has anyone booked their accommodation at saw mill? I just wanted to ask whether they mix your room mates or if they try to put 1st years together?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending