The Student Room Group

University of Huddersfield Pharmacy Interview Questions 2023

heyyy :smile: I have my interview for the University of Huddersfield this week for pharmacy and I'm really nervous. Has anyone done the interview and if so what kind of questions came up??.
Original post by Verra
heyyy :smile: I have my interview for the University of Huddersfield this week for pharmacy and I'm really nervous. Has anyone done the interview and if so what kind of questions came up??.

Hi @Verra

Congratulations on your interview!

I am currently a fourth year pharmacy student at the University of Huddersfield, so I may be able to provide some insight.
My interview consisted of a mini test and one to one conversation with an academic tutor in the Applied Sciences team. To prepare for the interview I analysed my personal statement and tried to make potential questions that could be asked from that. I also practiced pharmacy based questions before the interview.

The interview begin with a short presentation lasting around 30 minutes, followed by the official interview and then a small test. The test covered basic aspects of maths and written english.
For some students, they sat their test first and then had the face to face interview.
This was then concluded with some snacks and refreshments!

I hope this helps!
Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions :smile:
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield
Reply 2
Original post by Verra

Hi I was wondering how your interview went and if the process was similar to aaliyas (student rep). I am wanting to apply through clearing but I want to know what the process was like was it hard and was there a test. Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Verra

Hi Ik this is late but I was wondering how the interview process was as I’m thinking of applying through clearing and I just want to know if it was hard and what to expect. Was it similar to what aliya ( student rep) said in the comment below as I’m wondering if things have changed.
Original post by sumayyahhm
Hi I was wondering how your interview went and if the process was similar to aaliyas (student rep). I am wanting to apply through clearing but I want to know what the process was like was it hard and was there a test. Thanks

Hi @sumayyahhm

That's great to hear you're thinking about studying pharmacy!

For those who applied through UCAS (and not through clearing) applicants are invited to participate in an online test. This test includes, calculations, a summarising, situation judgment (picture station) and a professionalism station.
The applicants are given a 24-hour window to find 30 minutes to complete the test.

Successful applicants are then invited to a 10-15 min online (MS Teams) interview with an academic member of staff where an article from the Pharmacy Journal is discussed (applicant is sent the article in advance of the interview) as well as aspects of their personal statement to assess understanding, listening and communication skills.

I hope this has been helpful!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Hi @Verra

Congratulations on your interview!

I am currently a fourth year pharmacy student at the University of Huddersfield, so I may be able to provide some insight.
My interview consisted of a mini test and one to one conversation with an academic tutor in the Applied Sciences team. To prepare for the interview I analysed my personal statement and tried to make potential questions that could be asked from that. I also practiced pharmacy based questions before the interview.

The interview begin with a short presentation lasting around 30 minutes, followed by the official interview and then a small test. The test covered basic aspects of maths and written english.
For some students, they sat their test first and then had the face to face interview.
This was then concluded with some snacks and refreshments!

I hope this helps!
Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions :smile:

Hiii I have been offered an interview at Huddersfield University for Pharmacy but I haven’t been told about a test.They have sent me the article I need for the interview but haven’t mentioned an admissions test anywhere.I’m getting worried as on the website it states that applicants need to take a 30 minutes test before being offered an interview but I was offered an interview without doing a test.Is this normal or have I missed something?
Original post by JaxonCage
Hiii I have been offered an interview at Huddersfield University for Pharmacy but I haven’t been told about a test.They have sent me the article I need for the interview but haven’t mentioned an admissions test anywhere.I’m getting worried as on the website it states that applicants need to take a 30 minutes test before being offered an interview but I was offered an interview without doing a test.Is this normal or have I missed something?

Hi @JaxonCage

Aaliya graduated earlier this summer so won't be able to reply, but this measure may have been in place during her application process and online interviews were more prominent during COVID.

The procedure may have changed now, it might seem daunting but are you able to reply to the team/email inbox that sent you the invite to the interview? Just ask for clarification on the layout of the day and state you saw online that you may need to do a test prior to interview they should be able to help out- it may be the case a test is not needed or you may complete a test on the day as part of your interview process.

Many thanks,
Lewis

Social Media and Content Officer,
University of Huddersfield
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending