The Student Room Group

im confused about the UCAS application

i don’t understand well im probably overthinking this but on UCAS it says the uni (huddersfield) has confirmed my place to study the course congratulations and in my emails it says i got my place congratulations?? these came on the 11th of july?? does that mean im actually in cause nobody i know has got that it says waiting for reply and ofc we aint got our results back?? i was told that it can be changed and does not mean im actually in but idk?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by EZI1912
i don’t understand well im probably overthinking this but on UCAS it says the uni (huddersfield) has confirmed my place to study the course congratulations and in my emails it says i got my place congratulations?? these came on the 11th of july?? does that mean im actually in cause nobody i know has got that it says waiting for reply and ofc we aint got our results back?? i was told that it can be changed and does not mean im actually in but idk?

Is Huddersfield your firm choice? Does it now look like this in UCAS Hub?

Your firm choice - Your place has been confirmed.png
If so, then Huddersfield (or UCAS) have either made a mistake and have confirmed your place early, or they have intentionally opted to confirm your place without the need for your results.

When did you apply (roughly)? What was the previous status? Was it a conditional offer, so something like this:

Conditional offer.png
If so, what were the conditions?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
yeah huds is my firm choice and yes it looks like the first image you sent.
i applied like mid november then got the offers from all unis at the beginning of december. it was a conditional offer wnd it was like have a pass in maths and then a DMM result
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by EZI1912
i applied like mid november then got the offers from all unis at the beginning of december. it was a conditional offer wnd it was like have a pass in maths and then a DMM result

This is a little odd, I have to admit. Some universities make unconditional offers initially, even though there may be results still pending. For example, if they are pretty sure from your GCSE grades and your predicted BTEC grades that you're a suitable candidate for them, then they could just make an unconditional offer at the outset. But to make a conditional offer and than randomly confirm it for non-obvious reason is strange.

I assume that clicking on the "View correspondence" link doesn't provide any clarity? You said, "in my emails it says i got my place". Were those e-mails from UCAS or from Huddersfield? If from Huddersfield, do they provide any context or explanation?

If I were you, I'd call them and ask them to confirm that they've actually confirmed your place, despite it being a conditional offer and the results associated with those conditions still being pending. (Student Recruitment Team, +44 (0)1484 472625, Monday to Friday 10.00am 4.00pm).

I wonder if the @University of Huddersfield official rep has any comment?
Original post by EZI1912

Hi @EZI1912

Thank you for the mention @DataVenia

We wouldn't want to discuss your offer and details over a public platform but if you contact our student recruitment team- via [email protected] and include your UCAS ID number our team would be happy to look into it and discuss your offer with you. Due to embargo periods and not being able to discuss grades during certain times or before results day, we wouldn't be able to tell you results etc, but we can definitely discuss your offer with you :smile:

Best wishes,
Lewis

Social Media and Content Officer, University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending