The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Official Leeds Beckett University 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Leeds Beckett University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

I'm 20, applied for Primary Education (Accelerated Degree) at Leeds Beckett, I am current studying an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Education.
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Hey Everyone! Mature Student (will be 23 when going) applied to study Accounting and Finance! Leeds Beckett is my top choice. Still haven’t received any offer yet! Sent my UCAS off on the 8-10-20. Good luck everybody!😊
Original post by SLouiseaaaaaaa
Hey Everyone! Mature Student (will be 23 when going) applied to study Accounting and Finance! Leeds Beckett is my top choice. Still haven’t received any offer yet! Sent my UCAS off on the 8-10-20. Good luck everybody!😊

hopefully see you there!!! good luck :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Is anyone studying international tourism management next year. I have a offer to study next year September but I want to get to know people on my course and possibly share the same accommodation.
Reply 5
Original post by hk00
Is anyone studying international tourism management next year. I have a offer to study next year September but I want to get to know people on my course and possibly share the same accommodation.

hey im thinking of doing the same course :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by 13lottiehammond
hey im thinking of doing the same course :smile:

Hi have you got a offer yet or you still waiting?
Reply 7
Original post by hk00
Hi have you got a offer yet or you still waiting?

no haven't even applied, im 20 so this will be the third year ive applied (ill try and actually go this year haha) but i got unconditional offers in all previous years so im not too worried! What do you think of the uni? :smile:
Reply 8
no haven't even applied, im 20 so this will be the third year ive applied (ill try and actually go this year haha) but i got unconditional offers in all previous years so im not too worried! What do you think of the uni? :smile:

Oh what a coincidence am 20 too. I’ll be turning 21 in April so I was concerned that I won’t find people the same age range as me. And same goes I’ve applied last 3 years too but just didn’t go for whatever reasons each year but Yh 2021 am deffo going. The uni looks good online haven’t been to Leeds yet and not local either. Not sure what the atmosphere is like in Leeds but hopefully a balance of friendly people with a great night life. 🙂
Reply 9
Original post by hk00
Oh what a coincidence am 20 too. I’ll be turning 21 in April so I was concerned that I won’t find people the same age range as me. And same goes I’ve applied last 3 years too but just didn’t go for whatever reasons each year but Yh 2021 am deffo going. The uni looks good online haven’t been to Leeds yet and not local either. Not sure what the atmosphere is like in Leeds but hopefully a balance of friendly people with a great night life. 🙂

oh nice! yeh i was worried about being older than others too, yeh thats what i thought only downside is the accommodation is ages from the campus and city centre so its a bit awks but apparently the buses are regular and cheap so hopefully wouldn't be too bad. Im looking at plymouth too, is leeds your main option? :smile:
Reply 10
oh nice! yeh i was worried about being older than others too, yeh thats what i thought only downside is the accommodation is ages from the campus and city centre so its a bit awks but apparently the buses are regular and cheap so hopefully wouldn't be too bad. Im looking at plymouth too, is leeds your main option? :smile:

Yeh it’s about half hour distance to some of the accommodation which is a let down cause you probably have to be getting up really early for a 9 start days. Leeds Beckett is one of my main choices tbh but also considering Sheffield Hallam and MMU. Any of these three tbh. Student finance opens in February so I’ll probably have to make a decision soon. But rn it’s looking like Sheffield Hallam or Leeds Beckett🙂
Yeh I’d love to go to Sheffield and looked at Hallam too but when I looked at the modules they looked so boring so decided against it. If you end up picking Leeds let me know as I might be seeing you in September!
Reply 12
Yeh I’d love to go to Sheffield and looked at Hallam too but when I looked at the modules they looked so boring so decided against it. If you end up picking Leeds let me know as I might be seeing you in September!

Will do good luck with your application. 🙂
Original post by hk00
Yeh it’s about half hour distance to some of the accommodation which is a let down cause you probably have to be getting up really early for a 9 start days. Leeds Beckett is one of my main choices tbh but also considering Sheffield Hallam and MMU. Any of these three tbh. Student finance opens in February so I’ll probably have to make a decision soon. But rn it’s looking like Sheffield Hallam or Leeds Beckett🙂

Hey both @hk00 and @13lottiehammond , you don't need to rush to make a decision as long as you do your student finance a couple of months before you're due to start the course you'll be fine. We have virtual course open days starting from February 27th which are aimed at offer holders where you can learn much more about your chosen course than our previous virtual open days and it will help you inform your final decision if you attend these at all of your universities.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Ella - Official Sheffield Hallam rep :h:
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi! So i applied to Leeds Beckett around a week ago. I have received confirmation from my other 4 choices that they have received my application, but I'm yet to receive one from Leeds Beckett. Anyone else having a similar issue?
Original post by salmabadr
Hi! So i applied to Leeds Beckett around a week ago. I have received confirmation from my other 4 choices that they have received my application, but I'm yet to receive one from Leeds Beckett. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Hey, I applied to my Choices back in the beginning of December and have only just started to hear back from them now. Don’t worry some universities take longer to reply to applications! :smile:
Original post by Lucy.Brown10
Hey, I applied to my Choices back in the beginning of December and have only just started to hear back from them now. Don’t worry some universities take longer to reply to applications! :smile:

Hi! I just got an email from them so it’s all good how. Thank you so much!
Original post by Manooka

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Leeds Beckett University for 2021!

hii, im thinking applying to Leeds Beckett but i dont know if it's because im new to the UK, but the accomodation seems really expensive. I want to make sur I select an accommodation that is worth its value and that is pretty social, also. Any guidance?
Also im thinking of applying for psychology, anyone else?
Reply 18
Original post by Manooka

Hey, I’m 20 currently working as a community Health Care Assistant and I have applied to study Adult Nursing, anyone else?
Has anyone got their offers and how long did it take?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending