The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Scroll to see replies

Original post by conor_c21
I've been looking at Marybone 1, Grand Central and Atlantic Point for accommodation. Anyone have any opinions on these?

I’ve been looking at Atlantic Point too it looks nice
Liverpool
Reply 81
Original post by BooksBeatRomance
Yeah, that’s fair. Horizon’s so expensive! I’m gonna be staying in Moorfield for first year cause it’s fairly cheap, a big room, and is an en-suite!
All I know about the inside of grand central is a tiktok of the one flat that has a leak, broken doors, and ugly curtains. Hopefully it’s not all like that

What is Horizon Heights like? Is there specific accommodations that are better for first years?
Original post by Uni17
What is Horizon Heights like? Is there specific accommodations that are better for first years?

Don’t listen to this rubbish @Uni17 I am the new and improved uni17 X1000!!!!
Original post by Uni17XTREME1000
Don’t listen to this rubbish @Uni17 I am the new and improved uni17 X1000!!!!

He has stolen my identity as @Uni17
Original post by Uni17

Horizon’s really pretty! It’s got a mix of foundation, first and second year students. The best accommodations for first years are probably the ones extremely close to your campus. Like, byrom point and marybone are right next to the biological sciences building. Whereas st lukes is really close to the art building and the sport science building, you know?
Reply 85
Okay thank you, so would you maybe not recommend horizon heights and one closer to the campus?
Original post by Uni17
Okay thank you, so would you maybe not recommend horizon heights and one closer to the campus?

Honestly, it’s up to you. Accommodation near your campus means it’s likely you’ll be with people on your course. Plus you’re closer to the libraries. And walks to lectures are faster! Whereas Horizon’s right next to lime street train station, which could be helpful for visiting home. Plus it’s directly opposite st johns shopping centre in the city centre which has food stores and fast food restaurants.
Reply 87
Honestly, it’s up to you. Accommodation near your campus means it’s likely you’ll be with people on your course. Plus you’re closer to the libraries. And walks to lectures are faster! Whereas Horizon’s right next to lime street train station, which could be helpful for visiting home. Plus it’s directly opposite st johns shopping centre in the city centre which has food stores and fast food restaurants.

Thank you
Anyone looking at Agnes Jones House or St Andrews Garden? I can't afford to have a en-suit and these seem to be the best choices for shared bathrooms.
Reply 89
Hi 🖐🏻 I’ve got an unconditional offer to study Bsc Forensic Anthropology this year at LJMU :smile: be good to hear of others on the course
Original post by Fernbug
Hi 🖐🏻 I’ve got an unconditional offer to study Bsc Forensic Anthropology this year at LJMU :smile: be good to hear of others on the course

Hi! I’m Kira. I’ve only met one other person doing the course so far (besides my foundation year classmates if we all get the grades) and they had the surname Fern. That’s not you is it?
Reply 91
Hi! I’m Kira. I’ve only met one other person doing the course so far (besides my foundation year classmates if we all get the grades) and they had the surname Fern. That’s not you is it?

Hi thanks for getting back 🖐🏻 no that’s no me, Ferns my dogs name!
So did you do the foundation year in the forensic anthropology?
Original post by Fernbug
Hi thanks for getting back 🖐🏻 no that’s no me, Ferns my dogs name!
So did you do the foundation year in the forensic anthropology?

Aww cute!
Yeah semester 2 of foundation year starts tomorrow!
Reply 93
Aww cute!
Yeah semester 2 of foundation year starts tomorrow!

Brilliant! How are you finding it so far?
I’ve been made offers from universities but the Bsc Forensic Anthropology course really stands out.
How do you find the university as a whole along with facilities and course content? 🌱
Original post by Fernbug
Brilliant! How are you finding it so far?
I’ve been made offers from universities but the Bsc Forensic Anthropology course really stands out.
How do you find the university as a whole along with facilities and course content? 🌱

The university is awesome! There’s a bone room with a huge deer skull along with hundreds of bones that are used in lessons. All the teachers seem amazing! Plus the uni is super close to the town centre which is a bonus
Reply 95
The university is awesome! There’s a bone room with a huge deer skull along with hundreds of bones that are used in lessons. All the teachers seem amazing! Plus the uni is super close to the town centre which is a bonus

The sounds great. Do they take you guys on field trips and excavation exercises? 💀
Original post by Fernbug
The sounds great. Do they take you guys on field trips and excavation exercises? 💀

They’re supposed to, yeah. Haven’t yet cause of covid. I’m super excited for the first year trips cause the lecturers all keep talking about how great they’re gonna be!
There’s a cemetery in chester that the FA course visits
Reply 97
They’re supposed to, yeah. Haven’t yet cause of covid. I’m super excited for the first year trips cause the lecturers all keep talking about how great they’re gonna be!
There’s a cemetery in chester that the FA course visits

That’s the one thing I’m apprehensive about. If I accept and with the current situation, how that’s going to impact learning & field trips.
The grave excavations sound so interesting! So are you learning all online atm? 🧙🏻*♂️
Original post by Fernbug
That’s the one thing I’m apprehensive about. If I accept and with the current situation, how that’s going to impact learning & field trips.
The grave excavations sound so interesting! So are you learning all online atm? 🧙🏻*♂️

The course head is trying his hardest to make sure trips are still able to happen as the course is accredited and it could lose that accreditation without certain field trips.
Yeah, it’s all online right now. Cause most students are stuck at home. It’s actually not too hard to keep track of things though I do miss being in the classrooms
Reply 99
The course head is trying his hardest to make sure trips are still able to happen as the course is accredited and it could lose that accreditation without certain field trips.
Yeah, it’s all online right now. Cause most students are stuck at home. It’s actually not too hard to keep track of things though I do miss being in the classrooms

That’s another thing I’m unsure of. I think it would be good to move to Liverpool but if it’s online by September I’m just going to be sat in halls. I’d be happy studying at home for the first year then doing practicals by the second.
I hate not having certainty! 🤣 Do you know if most people are at home instead of halls?

Latest

Trending

Trending