Official University of Stirling 2021 applicant thread

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Stirling for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Tob!as
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey. I'm thinking of applying to Stirling to do Biology and/or Psychology. At the moment I'm doing a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science and I'm predicted DDD/D*DD overall.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I applied to philosophy and theology with teaching at Stirling and I just received an unconditional offer today! I don't have predicted grades as I am no longer in school but my higher results were AAAAB.Good Luck to all other applicants!
applyingintrees
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, I'm a mature student applying this year and really excited! Stirling is such a beautiful campus
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I just got an unconditional to study law!
A_Literal_Mess
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just got an unconditional to study law!
Me too!!
A_Literal_Mess
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Got my unconditional for law today!
scottishseaside
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I am hoping to study Law at Stirling. I have done my UCAS form but I am still waiting for my school to do my reference. They seem to be doing last minute Oxbridge applications that are due tomorrow, so hopefully after that they will finally get to me...
SLouiseaaaaaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey everyone! Mature student (I’ll be 23) planning to go to uni next year (2021)! Stirling is my fourth/fifth choice! Received an unconditional offer to study Accounting and Finance!!😊
Last edited by SLouiseaaaaaaa; 4 days ago
mollyshep0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I’m studying H History, AH Bio and AH Geo and will be applying to both Law LLB and Criminology & Law this year at stirling
cocoxoxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 hours ago
(Original post by A_Literal_Mess)
Me too!!
Wow well done! What did you get in your exams last year? I’m thinking of applying to Stirling for law as well but I’ve not heard much about the Uni
A_Literal_Mess
Rep:
?
Report 2 hours ago
(Original post by cocoxoxo)
Wow well done! What did you get in your exams last year? I’m thinking of applying to Stirling for law as well but I’ve not heard much about the Uni
Last year I got AA (Higher Psychology and Higher Childcare &Development) and AB (Adv Higher English and Art) despite Coronavirus cancelling the exams.

I think Stirling is the 3rd in Scotland for Law and the 1st in Scotland for research publications in law. They also had a 94% satisfaction rate for students! Those numbers aren't really big to me like I'm not really interested in them but maybe you are! I think the campus and the grounds look attractive and I think Stirling is good location wise since you can get to Glasgow and Edinburgh easily. I also like the look of accommodation and for private studio accommodation like 1 person its quite big and cheap which is attractive to me since I'd have to move from the Highlands. I did their open day online and I was really impressed and thought the tutors were really welcoming too plus I liked the year abroad option. I'm not sure how it is with covid though like teaching wise but I genuinely liked the look of Stirling!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (231)
31.09%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (363)
48.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed