The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(edited 3 years ago)
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Hey, I applied to philosophy and theology with teaching at Stirling and I just received an unconditional offer today! I don't have predicted grades as I am no longer in school but my higher results were AAAAB.Good Luck to all other applicants!
Hi guys, I'm a mature student applying this year and really excited! Stirling is such a beautiful campus
I just got an unconditional to study law!
Original post by Anonymous
I just got an unconditional to study law!

Me too!!
Got my unconditional for law today!
Hi, I am hoping to study Law at Stirling. I have done my UCAS form but I am still waiting for my school to do my reference. They seem to be doing last minute Oxbridge applications that are due tomorrow, so hopefully after that they will finally get to me...
Hey everyone! Mature student (I’ll be 23) planning to go to uni next year (2021)! Stirling is my fourth/fifth choice! Received an unconditional offer to study Accounting and Finance!!😊
(edited 3 years ago)
I’m studying H History, AH Bio and AH Geo and will be applying to both Law LLB and Criminology & Law this year at stirling :smile:
Original post by A_Literal_Mess
Me too!!

Wow well done! What did you get in your exams last year? I’m thinking of applying to Stirling for law as well but I’ve not heard much about the Uni
Original post by cocoxoxo
Wow well done! What did you get in your exams last year? I’m thinking of applying to Stirling for law as well but I’ve not heard much about the Uni

Last year I got AA (Higher Psychology and Higher Childcare &Development) and AB (Adv Higher English and Art) despite Coronavirus cancelling the exams.

I think Stirling is the 3rd in Scotland for Law and the 1st in Scotland for research publications in law. They also had a 94% satisfaction rate for students! Those numbers aren't really big to me like I'm not really interested in them but maybe you are! I think the campus and the grounds look attractive and I think Stirling is good location wise since you can get to Glasgow and Edinburgh easily. I also like the look of accommodation and for private studio accommodation like 1 person its quite big and cheap which is attractive to me since I'd have to move from the Highlands. I did their open day online and I was really impressed and thought the tutors were really welcoming too plus I liked the year abroad option. I'm not sure how it is with covid though like teaching wise but I genuinely liked the look of Stirling!
Original post by A_Literal_Mess
Last year I got AA (Higher Psychology and Higher Childcare &Development) and AB (Adv Higher English and Art) despite Coronavirus cancelling the exams.

I think Stirling is the 3rd in Scotland for Law and the 1st in Scotland for research publications in law. They also had a 94% satisfaction rate for students! Those numbers aren't really big to me like I'm not really interested in them but maybe you are! I think the campus and the grounds look attractive and I think Stirling is good location wise since you can get to Glasgow and Edinburgh easily. I also like the look of accommodation and for private studio accommodation like 1 person its quite big and cheap which is attractive to me since I'd have to move from the Highlands. I did their open day online and I was really impressed and thought the tutors were really welcoming too plus I liked the year abroad option. I'm not sure how it is with covid though like teaching wise but I genuinely liked the look of Stirling!

Well done on your results! I'm also doing Adv Art this year :smile: Wasn't sure how Stirling University was ranked in regards to Law but that's helped me a lot, thank you so much!
just got an unconditional for law and criminology!
Original post by mollyshep0
just got an unconditional for law and criminology!

Ayyy well done, another law student! Is Stirling your first choice or?
I’m not sure, i’ve applied for LLB law at stirling, LLB law at strathclyde, law and politics at strathclyde and LLB law and politics at glasgow :smile:
just got an unconditional for LLB law at stirling !
Reply 17
Just been offered 3 unconditional offers in the business school!Business Studies with Politics (no 1 choice)Business Studies with LawBusiness Studies with ManagementJust wondering if anyone thinks its worth staying on in school, or try get a job and save up before uni!
Original post by d.lopez
Just been offered 3 unconditional offers in the business school!Business Studies with Politics (no 1 choice)Business Studies with LawBusiness Studies with ManagementJust wondering if anyone thinks its worth staying on in school, or try get a job and save up before uni!

Congratulations! In my opinion as a gap year student I'd say to stay in school only because of how the jobs are right now, im not sure where you live but here in the Highlands there's 700 people applying per job and myself and my friends who dropped out or are taking a gap year have been trying to get a job for months. Id say its really tough my only income right now is universal credit even as someone with experience and training so I dont have much for uni :frown: Im not sure how jobs are and availability is in your area but id recommend securing a job before leaving school so its guaranteed if you do want to leave! I wish I did that in my last few months even though we were going into the first lockdown so that's my advice 🙂
Reply 19
Just received an unconditional for History! I only sent my application yesterday and got an acknowledgement this afternoon so wasn't expecting to get an offer this soon.

Latest