The Student Room Group

Stirling or Strathclyde for Politics

Where is better to study? I have unconditional offers for International Politics at Stirling and Politics and International Relations at Strathclyde. I’m still waiting on Edinburgh but I will need to choose between Stirling and Strathclyde if I don’t get an offer from Edinburgh.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Look carefully at the optional units on each course - for all years of the course.
Which units would you choose if you actually went there?
This will give you a good idea of which course will interest you the most.
Original post by consulting-cinde
Where is better to study? I have unconditional offers for International Politics at Stirling and Politics and International Relations at Strathclyde. I’m still waiting on Edinburgh but I will need to choose between Stirling and Strathclyde if I don’t get an offer from Edinburgh.

Hello @consulting-cinde 😀 I'm pleased to hear you're considering studying with us! Congrats on your offers so far 🎉

I agree with McGinger - the decision of which one is better for you will really be up to your preferences and interests 🙂 You'll likely soon be invited to applicant days at both which gives you a chance to visit the unis again and compare them as an offer holder. It's worth attending those and speaking to staff and students to weigh up your options and see which uni is the best 'fit' for you now that you've received your offers. You could also look on platforms like Unibuddy to see if you can maybe chat to current students and hear their experiences.

Have you visited the campuses before? What did you like/not like about each? Would you be moving away from home or commuting? Location is also an important factor 🙂

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 3
Original post by consulting-cinde

when did you get your offer for Strathclyde?
Original post by iffah111
when did you get your offer for Strathclyde?

13th December, 2 days after I submitted my application but I’m still waiting for Edinburgh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending