The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University entry requirements

Hello,
I'm currently thinking about applying to University on a foundation course.
I'm slightly confused about the entry requirements (it might just be me overthinking but)
Keele's requirements say 'Between 40-48 UCAS points from at least 1 A level/level 3 qualification or equivalent'
The bit I'm confused about is the equivalent. I understand that 40 UCAS points is a B, but am I able to get onto the course if I get over 40 UCAS points for my overall total from my grades?
For example, if I got DDD (which comes to 72) would I be able to get on the course I want to take?

( I want to take Criminology with social science foundation year)
Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
I'm slightly confused about the entry requirements (it might just be me overthinking but)
Keele's requirements say 'Between 40-48 UCAS points from at least 1 A level/level 3 qualification or equivalent'
The bit I'm confused about is the equivalent. I understand that 40 UCAS points is a B, but am I able to get onto the course if I get over 40 UCAS points for my overall total from my grades?
For example, if I got DDD (which comes to 72) would I be able to get on the course I want to take?

Thank you!

Hi!

It's great that you're thinking of coming to Keele!

I can't see that getting above the required number of UCAS points would be a problem - I believe the grades given on the website are the minimum entry requirements for each course. However if you want to double-check, best to drop our admissions team an email on [email protected], or you can chat to one of our Student Recruitment Advisors on Unibuddy at https://api.unibuddy.co/og/keele-university/buddies/staff/5f048457658dc206885def9d.

You might also like to chat to one of existing Criminology students - Kyle is in the 2nd year of his BA in Criminology at Keele so could tell you more about the course, as well as answer any questions you might have about student life: https://api.unibuddy.co/og/keele-university/buddies/students/5f185a5bdfb7a6000cd57662?buddyPosition=share - or feel free to ask here and either myself or my colleagues @Keele Student Ambassador and @Keele Student Ambassador1 would be happy to help!

Amy :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

Thank you!

The between x and y you see on uni websites is an indication of the offer they give you (the minimum) there’s never a maximum

Quick Reply

Latest