The Student Room Group

ucat score

i have got a low ucat score 2490 and band 2 in SJT. which unis should i apply for medicine? please let me know. i have all 8-9s and higher than expected predicted grades.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by sara222
i have got a low ucat score 2490 and band 2 in SJT. which unis should i apply for medicine? please let me know. i have all 8-9s and higher than expected predicted grades.

Hey @sara222

I was in a very similar situation. You could look at applying to unis that put less emphasis on your UCAT score or consider doing the BMAT and applying to BMAT unis. The entrance requirements for our A100 course can be viewed here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-and-surgery-mbchb-a100/2024/#course-entry

Best of luck!!!

Nellie (Third Year Medical Student)
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey @sara222

I was in a very similar situation. You could look at applying to unis that put less emphasis on your UCAT score or consider doing the BMAT and applying to BMAT unis. The entrance requirements for our A100 course can be viewed here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-and-surgery-mbchb-a100/2024/#course-entry

Best of luck!!!

Nellie (Third Year Medical Student)

Hi thanks for your message.
Could you give me an approximate estimate for BMAT needed for Lancaster University.
Also could i apply to the gateway to medicine even if i am predicted high. The reason for this is the BMAT is lower.
Could you recommend me some ucat unis and are there any schemes available for widening students that would lower ucat
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by sara222
Could you give me an approximate estimate for BMAT needed for Lancaster University.
Also could i apply to the gateway to medicine even if i am predicted 3A*. The reason for this is the BMAT is lower.
Could you recommend me some ucat unis and are there any schemes available for widening students that would lower ucat

Hi,

I can try and find the entry requirements for the gateway year out for you; certain widening participation criteria as well as predicted grades would need to be met. I don't think Lancaster releases a cutoff BMAT score but I will ask about this for you too. I'm not sure about UCAT unis, but if you get in contact with their admissions teams or ask in their official A100 applicant threads, I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out!

Nellie
Original post by sara222

look at keele and sunderland for ucat unis (as long as you have good volunteering and can reflect well on it), and consider doing the bmat. for keele your personal statement has to match their specification, as they score ps.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by reubenn05
look at keele and sunderland for ucat unis (as long as you have good volunteering and can reflect well on it), and consider doing the bmat. for keele your personal statement has to match their specification, as they score ps.

thanks
Original post by sara222
Also could i apply to the gateway to medicine even if i am predicted high. The reason for this is the BMAT is lower.

Hi @sara222

I've just spoken to our admissions team. The BMAT question is quite difficult to answer as it changes each year depending on applicant scores. The medical school publishes its admissions stats on the website so you can have a look at historical data.

In terms of predicted grades, they don't quite work that way, it's more about whether you meet the predicted grades, yes or no. If the answer is yes then you go onto the BMAT stage, They aren't used together so 3 A*s would be too high for A104 usually. That just means that having higher predicted grades than required won't actually increase your chances of an interview.

Baisically, it's best if you apply without a gateway year, and if LMS feels that a gateway year would be more appropriate they can swap you over. Best of luck!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 7
Original post by sara222

hey dm me for more info :smile: i got in with 2400 !!
Reply 8
Original post by (())
hey dm me for more info :smile: i got in with 2400 !!

Hi, what unis have u applied to? Also if u don't mind what stats did u have
I ended up with 2500 B1
Original post by Myrddudutd
Hi, what unis have u applied to? Also if u don't mind what stats did u have
I ended up with 2500 B1

that user is banned

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending