The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Can I transfer unis after a foundation year?

I am currently studying business and economics foundation year at university of Sussex and would like to know if after the foundation year, would I be able to apply for year 1 entry of different universities?
I am interested in starting at year one at Leeds for economics, however, when I emailed asking, I have received two different replies.
I enquired end of august what the requirements would be for business economics, which would be an overall 70%. But I emailed asking today about the requirements for just economics, where they replied saying they do not accept credit from other universities. Is there anyone here who has transferred from another uni to Leeds after a foundation year?
Original post by marshmallowss
I am currently studying business and economics foundation year at university of Sussex and would like to know if after the foundation year, would I be able to apply for year 1 entry of different universities?
I am interested in starting at year one at Leeds for economics, however, when I emailed asking, I have received two different replies.
I enquired end of august what the requirements would be for business economics, which would be an overall 70%. But I emailed asking today about the requirements for just economics, where they replied saying they do not accept credit from other universities. Is there anyone here who has transferred from another uni to Leeds after a foundation year?

Most universities dont accept another university's foundation years. The likelyhood is they wont accept you as told. Foundation years are specific to that university and are not national qualifications like A levels or BTECs.

You should never start a university's foundation year unless you intend doing the degree there. This is one of the reasons students are better re sitting A levels than going on a foundation year. Most universities require their entry to be met to consider a transfer ie you need to meet the A level entry requirement for the course.

Economics is a highly competitive course and places like Leeds will easily fill their places. They dont need to take other university's foundation students. Last year only a couple of RG universities entered extra or clearing for Economics.

The 70% may have been said as they took it for a first year transfer but even then you would need to meet the A level entry requirements. Business Economics is nowhere near as competitive as Economics.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
ahh okay I see thankyou
Email Leeds admissions and ask them.
Hello , I currently do midwifery foundation year at Keele but want to transfer to another university (preferably with a city). How hard is it to get 70% in this year as that is what Uof Manchester has asked for ,and does Cardiff accept foundation year transfers

Quick Reply

Latest